New Seller Needing Feedback on My Items

Hi

I am trying to open a side business by selling stuffs on eBay.

I am selling engagement rings made with cubic zirconia (middle grade ~ with high enough shine and durability) and 925 silver coated with rhodium (to ensure its shine is long lasting and avoiding alergic reactions (some people I researched are allergic to nickel which is in silver).

I priced my products quite low but not rock bottom low, as I cannot compete with bigger sellers who can get items at much lower prices.

I tried to have good pictures & some videos.

In IG (instagram), I have many likes.

I have people bookmarking or watching my items, but no one is pressing buy.

At this stage, I am hessitant in relisting the item before knowing how to ensure sales.

I wonder if anyone can help me to give any inputs about why these items are not selling.

Any advice is much appreciated.

My items can be found here 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-75-Carat-Diamond-Tennis-Bracelet-4mm-0-25-carat-VVS1-D-Clear-Round-Dia...

Padi
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I thought the Argyll (?) mine had rare pink diamonds, but I've never been interested to learn anything about it.

I'll be happy to return to dust.
Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

they use a lot of diamonds in industry, i believe the jewelery use is the smaller of the two.

oh and to the girls who just must have the real deal, i bet 99% of people cant tell the difference between genuine and fake.

Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

And further to that, don't under any circumstances, buy stock items with your selling ID.

Create another ID for that purpose.

Why do you say that, imastawka?

Not arguing, just want to know why I shouldn't do it.

Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

I would imagine that is to avoid letting buyers know from whom one is purchasing stock. If buyers know the seller's source, what is to stop the buyer from going to the source instead of buying from the seller...?

Additionally, buyers can become disgruntled if they know (or can work out) the seller's markup, and this disgruntlement may be expressed in feedback and customer satisfaction, as well as in lack of repeat business.

Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

I think the perception of man-made stones for things such as engagement rings will change - although there will always be people who prefer diamonds above all other gem suggestions.

I would prefer diamonds to CZ, for several reasons - one of them being the breakability of CZ in comparison with diamonds... 2.4 (PSI testing) plus CZ sensitivity to heat make it a stone I wouldn't want. If I were looking for a a diamond, I'd go for a lab-created one. They're every bit as beautiful, of the same chemical structure, and considerably cheaper! (Moissanite is also a good alternative.)

But... diamonds don't really appeal to me - or rather, the clear pure diamond that is traditionally associated with an engagement ring. Rich colours - well, I mentioned the orange sapphire which is gorgeous beyond comparison, but also the traditional blue sapphire of the hue of a cold Russian lake, and rubies (lovely dark-hearted blood-red rubies, for choice), emeralds just dark enough to evoke the beauty of a rain-soaked forest... they are the colours that I love in gemstones. (Pearls too are gorgeous, but I'd never have a pearl engagement ring... I'd be terrified of knocking it against something. At least with a necklace or earrings, one isn't constantly knocking against things, typing with one's ear, doing the dishes with the neck, brushing past things!)

Digital*ghost, I thought (but I am probably wrong because I can't remember where I read it) that cubic zirconia onlyi had the A ratings if they were machine-cut, and that hand-cut CZ didn't have it...?

Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

OK, thanks.

Not relevant to me then, because I'm disposing of existing assets, not buying and selling stock.

Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Digital*ghost, I thought (but I am probably wrong because I can't remember where I read it) that cubic zirconia onlyi had the A ratings if they were machine-cut, and that hand-cut CZ didn't have it...?

I believe so - 5A grade is the best of the graded stones, and hand-cut is better quality than that, so sounds about right. I was really only researching the graded ones as I had clients who were interested in them and (aside from not going into debt to purchase them Smiley LOL ) I wanted to make sure I both knew what I was buying, and that I could convey that info to other customers, though I usually avoid stones of all kinds as it really isn't my area of expertise. (I dabbled a little in semi-precious gemstones, but would still be hard-pressed to identify a lot of them, and ultimately didn't feel confident in my ability to tell real from fake, so pretty much left that by the wayside and stuck with what I know for sure).

Diamonds are ok, but I'm not much of a bling person at all TBH. The CZs I did get are very pretty, but I mostly said I'd take one (in an engagement ring) as I wouldn't much care what is in a ring that's presented to me during a proposal (which I've been on the receiving end of, a few times, but never with an actual ring so... Smiley LOL)  Plus pretty and me only go together on rare occasions (an ex dragged me into a jewellery shop once [when they weren't an ex], pointing at all this gold jewellery - I don't like yellow, or rose, gold - the sales lady couldn't hide her grin when I pointed out the one piece of jewellery I was actually wearing wouldn't go with all that other stuff, which was just a base metal dragon ring, but beautifully made - my favourite piece of jewellery ever, but which I can no longer wear because it had nickel in it and I developed an allergy from wearing it so much Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad I miss that ring more than said ex). 

If I had to have a gemstone in a ring, it would probably be tanzanite, but I also have a very strong fondness for some of the semi-precious stones. Seraphinite is beautiful to me so I'd be happy with that in an engagement ring Smiley Very Happy , and I like both labradorite with the shiny blue and purple hues, and amazonite as well, if it has more in it than just the pale minty / aqua colour, as the ones with dark grey in them remind me of a stormy, foamy sea. (Every now and then I look up and drool over artisan, wire-wrapped rings, bracelets and pendants featuring those three stones Smiley Embarassed ). 

Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

Has anyone read the amended description in the listing from the provided link?

The title still says diamonds and nothing about CZ. In the description, under Why Our Diamond, it says: Our diamonds are AAAA grade diamond simulants...

Where's the scratching head emoti?

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

I noticed the lack of amendments yesterday rabbit, it seems the OP (like many others that ask questions here) doesn't need our advice or help.

Wait until the INAD disputes come in..............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

Oh, there's plenty of amendments today, but the false advertising is still there. If someone with a b&m shop advertised that way the ACCC would come down on them like a tonne of bricks!

What some sellers can't understand is that wasting a potential buyer's time by advertising them as one thing and then saying they're something else after they click on the listing is a real turn off and won't get sales. They're LESS likely to get sales.

The worst part is that it turns buyers off the site so all sellers lose out.

Message 30 of 44
Latest reply