New payment method coming to eBay.

Received an email today that eBay will be introducing a new payment method from Adyen.

At first glance it seems it will be very similar to PayPal.

Hope they are not planning on phasing out PayPal.

The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the Operating Agreement with PayPal. In 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of Marketplace customers to the new payments experience. 

image host
Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

I hear ya dude loud and clear

Message 41 of 63
Latest reply

padi, trustitdude was the seller in the case they mentioned, not the buyer.
Message 42 of 63
Latest reply

HELP Kopes !!!!  

I think I've just been morphed into you.........................original.gif

Capture.PNG

Spoiler
Oh dear...................I feel a Stella coming on..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 63
Latest reply

Someone's been experimenting with a DNA transfer device. Dangerous things, those DTDs, especially when operated without a licence...

Message 44 of 63
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Someone's been experimenting with a DNA transfer device. Dangerous things, those DTDs, especially when operated without a licence...

Could be worse countess, if Kopes was from Holland I could be dancing around in clogs..................

Spoiler
I don't even want to think of the outcome if he had been Bavarian.............

Message 45 of 63
Latest reply

Oops, my brain fog must be worse than I realised. I've picked up a few bloopers recently, but thankfully nothing concerned with selling. I double and triple check all that when I'm feeling like this.
Message 46 of 63
Latest reply

its better not to have paypal , paypal always favour the buyes and there is a lof transaction fee involved and paypal can hold your money anytime without any notice . my money was  hold for about 6 months. 

@melbourneclearance wrote:

They said expect the costs of payment processing to be reduced but said nothing about ebay's FVF. That probably means they will reduce the PayPal's 3% (2.5%? 2%? Small at least) by 0.01% and increase their own fees to Amazon's 20%.

I hope they don't phase out PayPal, I'm using that as the only payment method on my own website.

Message 47 of 63
Latest reply

@shoppingdealplus wrote:

"its better not to have paypal , paypal always favour the buyes"

That's more an eBay policy than Paypal's so that's not likely to change with the new payment system.

Message 48 of 63
Latest reply

For some reason - Paypal have been banning many people permanently from their service, and then refusing to give any reason why without a court order. I suspect eBay are unhappy with having no control over who does or doesn't trade on their platform, particularly their longstanding customers who are effectively being barred from the service because of an apparent attitude of petulance on the part of a service which eBay no longer owe any loyalty to. I also suspect that Paypal will shrink by a decent margin once eBay remove them as preferred payment processor, which may prove to help adjust their attitude somewhat, though this is doubtful.

I'm not saying this is a good thing as such, but given Paypals increasing market dominance, along with their somewhat questionable transparency policies, this may just be the wake up call they need.
Message 49 of 63
Latest reply

Paypal was a very successful money transfer service long before ebay bought them.

I have not seen any evidence of them shrinking now that ebay has sold them off.   There are many, many large businesses offering paypal now that never did before.

Message 50 of 63
Latest reply