New payment system

I am not a fan of this new method in how sellers get paid.

It is confusing and not favourable to the seller.

I have sold previously over the years on Ebay, been paid by the buyer, then sent the goods. No problems.

Now Ebay system will not verify my identity, I have been told the details are not readable, however the condition of my licence for 4 years old is pretty good and very readable.

I am going round in circles, putting in information, waiting an hour then getting a message saying "You need to update some details". I have spoken to a human being and requested that a human being look at my application, but still no approval.

What annoys me is I have sent the goods, Ebay has been paid, but I have not. The goods are owned by me, therefore I feel the goods have been fraudulently sold by ebay, as I have not been paid for them. I am considering asking for my goods back as I still own them, how do I go about that.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

New payment system

even if you had signed up for managed payment correctly,  you will have a 30 day wait as you are seen as a new seller.

When you ticked the box to list, you agreed that you had read and understood the terms and conditions.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

At the time of listing, you verify that you have read and understand  the T&C's.   Unfortunately far too many just could not be bothered, she'll be right, and proceed anyway.  Then complain when lo and behold, it all goes wrong.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

New payment system

You don't. The buyer has paid. The fact that you haven't properly signed up for the 'new' 3+ year old Managed Payments system is down to you.

If you haven't posted, the buyer/s will be refunded, you will get non-delivery strikes for every one and you will end with your account closed. With no money. If you have posted, you need to satisfy eBay by signing up to MP.

There are several avenues to register for MP - maybe try one that doesn't require an illegible Driver's Licence.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

Why did you not go through all this before even selling. ??

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

Hardly new, it has been in place for over three and a half years

And it was announced as coming in two years prior to that

If you want to sell on eBay, Managed Payments is the only option

You needed to have signed up and be verified before you sold anything

If you have sent the goods as you say, the buyers obviously paid for them and no, you cannot ask for the goods back. They are not owned by you at all , you sold the goods, not eBay

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

even if you had signed up for managed payment correctly,  you will have a 30 day wait as you are seen as a new seller.

When you ticked the box to list, you agreed that you had read and understood the terms and conditions.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

Hi,

I,ve had 4 days of frustration with Ebay, not accepting my details.

So am merely venting my anger at the situation.

For me the seller payment method is new , as I have sold very infrequently over the years, and never needed to enter all those details. Oh BTW I didn't introduce new information, the first representative told me that the system had reported that the licence was unreadable ( this is apparently scanned by computer). But when the next representive I spoke to actually had a look at the pictures , they said they looked perfectly fine and they would have to get a human to intervene.

For me this has been frustrating,and as basicallly a new seller with the current system ,  so apologies for any ill will I have caused you. But I didn't really need to be told this has been in place for 3 years, and that I should have known this. I don't read the plethora of emails coming from ebay unless it is relevant to my situation, until I needed to know of course :). By then the emails were long gone. When I placed my new listing there was no information telling me what the new system was , or that I would have to fill out all this info. In fact the first I knew of this was after the item was sold, when I get an email telling me I will not be paid until I input this info.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

@hydroxinol wrote:

When I placed my new listing there was no information telling me what the new system was , or that I would have to fill out all this info. In fact the first I knew of this was after the item was sold, when I get an email telling me I will not be paid until I input this info.

There actually was warning, when you read the terms and conditions, that you agreed to when you put the listing up.  So to say you knew nothing is on your head, not Ebay's

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

At the time of listing, you verify that you have read and understand  the T&C's.   Unfortunately far too many just could not be bothered, she'll be right, and proceed anyway.  Then complain when lo and behold, it all goes wrong.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

GP, I find it hard to understand why the OP has over 2 1/2 Grand in listings still active, yet haven't sorted out their Managed Payments.

They'll be spitting chips if that watch sells and they can't get the money.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

Thanks, It really helps.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply