New payment system

I am not a fan of this new method in how sellers get paid.

It is confusing and not favourable to the seller.

I have sold previously over the years on Ebay, been paid by the buyer, then sent the goods. No problems.

Now Ebay system will not verify my identity, I have been told the details are not readable, however the condition of my licence for 4 years old is pretty good and very readable.

I am going round in circles, putting in information, waiting an hour then getting a message saying "You need to update some details". I have spoken to a human being and requested that a human being look at my application, but still no approval.

What annoys me is I have sent the goods, Ebay has been paid, but I have not. The goods are owned by me, therefore I feel the goods have been fraudulently sold by ebay, as I have not been paid for them. I am considering asking for my goods back as I still own them, how do I go about that.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

New payment system

You didn’t need to be told factual information by other members

You didn’t need to read the important emails from eBay regarding sellers having to sign up for Managed Payments if you wanted to continue selling

You didn’t want to read the t&c you ticked you had read and understood before you proceeded

Yet now do you want to blame everyone else for ‘not knowing’  and you actually seriously even asked how to get the item the buyer has paid for back from the buyer

As said, if you don’t end the other items, the same thing will happen

If you are not willing to meet your obligations as a seller, that is only you alone

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

@padi*0409 wrote:

GP, I find it hard to understand why the OP has over 2 1/2 Grand in listings still active, yet haven't sorted out their Managed Payments.

They'll be spitting chips if that watch sells and they can't get the money.................

Doubt if they will sell the watch anyhow,  way about the market rate for the condition, and they refer to the video, which actually doesnt show what they intend.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

@hydroxinol wrote:

Hi,

I,ve had 4 days of frustration with Ebay, not accepting my details.

So am merely venting my anger at the situation.

For me the seller payment method is new , as I have sold very infrequently over the years, and never needed to enter all those details. Oh BTW I didn't introduce new information, the first representative told me that the system had reported that the licence was unreadable ( this is apparently scanned by computer). But when the next representive I spoke to actually had a look at the pictures , they said they looked perfectly fine and they would have to get a human to intervene.

For me this has been frustrating,and as basicallly a new seller with the current system ,  so apologies for any ill will I have caused you. But I didn't really need to be told this has been in place for 3 years, and that I should have known this. I don't read the plethora of emails coming from ebay unless it is relevant to my situation, until I needed to know of course :). By then the emails were long gone. When I placed my new listing there was no information telling me what the new system was , or that I would have to fill out all this info. In fact the first I knew of this was after the item was sold, when I get an email telling me I will not be paid until I input this info.

I understand your frustration and I think ebay has a lot to answer for.

Sure, the information about managed payments has been around for years and I'd say all the regulars on this board are well aware of it.  But newish sellers, not always.

In my opinion, ebay should make it impossible for a seller to list anything at all on ebay until they have signed up properly into the system. That would eliminate a lot of problems because you're not the first person to come on here, upset because you are having trouble accessing your money.

But as you now know, ebay doesn't do that. So you need to put some things in place to protect yourself. First off, if I were you, I'd pull down any listings you currently have on ebay.

Don't try to sell another thing till you have this managed payments sorted out.

Keep contacting ebay chat line till you do get some satisfaction.

As for the item or items you have already sent, remember that the buyers have actually paid for them.

You're not getting them back. How could you? Put yourself into the buyer's shoes. Would you agree to post back an item you had paid for? Nope. Even if you agreed, you'd expect the seller to pay return postage if they wanted it back. And in the meantime, you may well have used the item.

If the seller didn't agree to pay return postage, you might even open an ebay claim ona  return and that would be bad news for the seller.

The most likely outcome though would be that you the buyer would think the seller was strange & it was their problem as you had paid & it wasn't your job to sort it out. So you'd ignore the seller and any feeedback you gave would probably be neutral or maybe even negative.

So don't even think of contacting the buyers. Put that out of your mind right now.

Ebay has your money. It is there, waiting for you. You just have to sort out managed payments then wait for 30 days as you're a newish seller as far as ebay is concerned. And you want to avoid any negs too.

Only after you're properly signed up should you relist your items. 

The 30 day wait for funds isn't there forever, it would disappear if you became a regular seller with a reasonably frequent turnover. The wait is only for new or occasional sellers.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

I find super interesting how so many people stand up for a multi billion $ corp an not the little guy anymore.. Ebay is greedy.. and a monopoly.. But people contuine to stand up for it.. odd..!

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

Odd you are accusing people of standing up for eBay based on the fact they have simply pointed out that same polices apply to everyone, and the people complaining agreed to those polices when the listed the item 

The little guy agreed to the multi billion $ corp's policies 

And then complained they 'did'nt know' or they ought to be excluded from the polices that apply to everyone

Including yourself 

Why should Managed Payments and holds on funds (both of which you agreed to) not, in reality apply to you? 

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

I don't know that any of us are deliberately trying to stand up for ebay.

There's a lot not to like about the way ebay goes about some things.

But this is a messageboard, we don't work for ebay, we can't influence ebay, all we can do is try to help people sort out their problems with ebay.

None of us can stop the fact ebay now has managed payments or a 30 day hold on funds for new or occasional sellers.  A lot of new posters aren't aware of how those work.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

@glitter.addiction wrote:

I find super interesting how so many people stand up for a multi billion $ corp an not the little guy anymore.. Ebay is greedy.. and a monopoly.. But people contuine to stand up for it.. odd..!

I notice you are happy to use and therefore support this ''multi billion $ Corp"",  if you dont like the rules, dont use it I guess.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

Do you know the definition of a monopoly? Obviously not.

Without going for a dictionary definition which might be a bit esoteric for you, a monopoly is a business that controls ALL of the market in which they operate.

I'm fairly sure there are other online marketplaces available to consumers in Australia. Several have deeper pockets than eBay. Ergo, your statement is fallacious.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

New payment system

I love Monopoly. Great game!

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply