Newby buyer problems

Hi All can I have your advice please.

I have a Newby buyer who has BIN 5 items and paid for 4. The 5th item is a duplicate of one of the items they have paid for. I sent her a message asking her if she wated to cancel but no reply. I then sent the other 4 items yesterday as I did not want to go over my posting times. She paid individually on the 19th for each of the other items using Paypal. I know it is early days yet but I feel mean with her being new going down the none payment route and her getting a strike. Any advice please?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Newby buyer problems

Thank you both for your advice. I will send her another message and the tomorrow an invoice and see what happens.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This kinda thing is very common with us.

If they don't reply then we will let it go to the UID case. Since if they don't reply to messages they are also unlikely to respond to your cancellation request.

Having said that tho, if they do not respond to the cancellation request at all then after 7-days (8th day) you can end the cancellation yourself and get back back your FVF. But there is a risk that they might refuse the cancellation in which case you lose your FVF for good, end of story.

Also it looks now under the new defect rules for August that cancellations might end up in a defect for the seller if you cancel a transaction.

So my advice is to let it go to UID, as we mostly do, to protect ourselves first.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I'd send her another message explaining that you think she may've accidentally bought something twice and if she doesn't want the duplicate item, just to let you know and that it's no problem to cancel the transaction. I'd also mention that if she doesn't respond, you'll have no coice but to open a case so you can recoup the fees, which will cause her to get a strike against her name if she doesn't pay. Then she may have trouble bidding on other people's items in the future.

Frankly, I'm sick of newbie buyers. I've had a few with 0 feedback that bought and paid immediately, which was great but had trouble with another few. One lady was having trouble working out how to pay so I spent days talking to her helping her get it all sorted, then she thanked me by leaving me bland positive feedback and a low star rating. She bought something else off me 2 weeks later and left another low star rating, so I've now blocked her. I've had a few that just refused to pay, which I ended up having to open a case against. 2 got scared and paid, the others didn't.

I hope you get it sorted with your buyer. Sometimes when communication goes unanswered, you have to get tough with them unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you both for your advice. I will send her another message and the tomorrow an invoice and see what happens.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply