No Sales ...

I have recorded no sales since the 25th September. Is anyone else experiencing low sales volume?

Last weekend sales were great this weekend ... dead ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 106
Latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: No Sales ...

I'm plodding along about the same with my auctions. Just when I think things are slowing up, I get a few last minute bidders. I'm not a high volume seller though.

Message 91 of 106
Latest reply

Message 92 of 106
Latest reply

no sales... ebay is filling with big stores... kicking small sellers outSmiley Sad

Message 93 of 106
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
its a strange thing... the whole "lights on/off" thing is in full effect i am positive

for example...2 recent events

i had 8 sales last Friday
then on the following 3 days (Sat/Sun/Mon) i had 2 sales

then on Wednesday evening just gone i had 6 sales in a 90 minute period
Thursday 2 sales and today 0 sales (so far)

i am convinced all the small sellers are on rotation.. maybe its where we appear on "best match" or at certain times our items are unsearchable.. i dont know.. but i do know it exists
Message 94 of 106
Latest reply

Yes, there is definitely some rotation happening. Most low to -mid tier sellers have an arbitrary ceiling set by Ebay in regard to what they can sell per day. You can pretty much guess the total sales you'll get each week on Ebay. Guy's like Dick Smith, Harvey Norman, Good Guys, Target, Mrtoys etc etc don't have this issue. They can sell 1000's of items a day, even with their higher prices, and postage tacked on, terrible feedback, and general non compliance with most of the crieria (that we know of) to achieve the best possible results with the "Best Match" algorithm - it's just not an even playing field anymore. This is part of the reason why I moved on to Amazon months ago.

Message 95 of 106
Latest reply

My other account has had quite a few sales recently, but nothing like what it used to be.

Message 96 of 106
Latest reply

I,m not really a conspiricy theorist ( and neither is the wife ) but the lights on, lights off thing, and selling ceiling seems too predictable and obvious to ignore. It seems something pretty strange is going on. The wife who is pretty hard to convince agrees. BUT WHY ? The only thing I can think of is that ebays computer systems are too clapped out to handle the growing customer base. ( and too expensive to replace when the ebay share price is tanking ) As for sales, I havnt been listing lately, but my sales are pretty flat at the moment. Hoping to do some fresh listings later next week to get things moving again.

Message 97 of 106
Latest reply

Ditto chameleon.

October very ordinary, November a disaster.

Have slowed down stock purchases until I get rid of some of the existing stock.

I feel for Sellers doing this for a living........ya gotta have elephant hide.Smiley Frustrated

Message 98 of 106
Latest reply

I've been saying this for some time now. but my God. I'm over this tip. The last few months have been woeful. Yes, there have been the odd big sale but otherwise it is pathetic. By the way, I have more than one site and I only made this move because I had to clear an Estate as quickly as possible but it has been the most painful 19 months of my life. The last few being the worst. 

I now have idiots contacting me offering all sorts of weird deals and some I have actually considered as this place it so dead.

When I first started here it was alive with activity. I was really aware that a listing had to be spot on as bids would start almost as soon as an item went up...they were the days, my friend. Now I struggle to get into double digits (lookers) by the end of the sale.

This place is totally shagged!!!

Message 99 of 106
Latest reply

Ditto ! As I said on another thread a couple of weeks ago, embarrassingly, I find myself cheering out loud when I notice I've received a bid on one of my items !

I get the occasional BIN and about 2 or 3 sales from auctions a fortnight. So different to how it used to be, only a few years ago !!

Message 100 of 106
Latest reply