No more drop shipping unless the seller 'owns' the goods listed. Is this an ebay joke ?

Did the number of ebay listings really drop by a few million after the edict took affect ?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

No more drop shipping unless the seller 'owns' the goods listed. Is this an ebay joke ?

link please.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

I was simply asking whether an observable drop in listings had occured.
Unless you meant a link to the new rules.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/third-party-fulfilment-policy?id=4718#section...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

sounds right - have a read here:

https://au.oberlo.com/blog/ebay-dropshipping
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Yes twyngwyn ebay's policy confirmed.

It has shot down in flames last night's brain wave.

I was going to get sellers on ebay to list an item I manufacture.

Trying to get my head around this now.

Example:

Better not because my work around will only get ebay to wipe this post

and revise their new drop shipping rules to exclude my possible scenario.

Any guesses ?

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

ahhh, there have been threads in the past that have canvassed the list an item and buy from someone else to complete the order.

For those who have not been around long enough to remember:

- the “Kmart” thread where the seller would buy from Kmart online after buyer bought Kmart item at inflated prices.  Seller had negs for cancelling orders when Kmart was out of stock

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-alert-Sellers-posting-Kmart-items-at-inflated-prices/m-...

- Ricky, listing $1000+ game consoles with the intention of buying from USA once somebody bought his listing. Listings had Express postage with 20 day handling time.  Was promoting ‘Free Stan’ despite his items not being eligible. There was no way he would make any money doing this. (Mensa genius that one)

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/PlayStation-VR-500Gb-PS4-Slim-PS4-Camera-Stan-Bundle-Brand-...

I am sure there will be others who try this on in the future.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

This thread is regarding drop shipping and not the likes of pre or post arbitrage.

Drop shipping is taking an order and having it fulfilled by a supplier and not the seller.

K-Mart is an arbitrage scenario.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@dontmissthese wrote:

This thread is regarding drop shipping and not the likes of pre or post arbitrage.

Drop shipping is taking an order and having it fulfilled by a supplier and not the seller.

K-Mart is an arbitrage scenario.

I think my post was relevant and on topic.

The scenarios covered in my post are covered by the policy link in your post that I was replying to . . . and the threads linked to in my post illustrated examples that have been posted about on these boards before (one from a buyer perspective and one from a seller perspective).

Both of the threads I posted about were concerned with sellers who did not own the items they were listing . . .  which ties in with the thread title.  Although the situations I posted about were not ‘drop shipping’ per se, many readers/posters think of them as a form of drop shipping.

**edit** and apart from all that the threads make for entertaining reading (IMO)

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

We are propably arguing about semantics.

I have worked out my workaround which is iron clad

( until eBay specifically 'includes' it's 'exclusion' ).

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

hmmmm, I wasn’t arguing . . . but okay

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply