Not much interest from eBay buyers

namnie
Community Member

I am finding that nobody is looking at my listings!!!!!   Is this a new trend…..is anyone else having the same problem.    I am listing my items with good photos and good descriptions.  I have gone from selling 2 or 3 items per week a year ago to now items being passed in with ZERO looking at my listings.  Is there another more popular platform these days?????

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not much interest from eBay buyers

quite a few threads about this lately......

what happened to your pic on the canister set.....and you've listed them in platters??

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hi

I have had o views also for the past few days on one of my products.  I only have 2 products at this stage.  Have promoted my products 15% to get views and the only thing I have received is extra Ebay fees added to my account.  I am only trialling Ebay for 4 weeks and then onto Amazon which is much more popular these days.  I am trialling Ebay first because I previously sold with them years ago.  Much has changed.  I did sell another product the other day but was out of pocket $5 after I posted it.  Free postage and fees gobbled up any profit I was to make which would have been skinny anyway!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I did sell another product the other day but was out of pocket $5 after I posted it.  Free postage and fees gobbled up any profit I was to make which would have been skinny anyway!

Why would you offer free postage to lose money?

You seem to be an infrequent seller.

Are you fully signed up and verified for Managed Payments?

Registering as a seller | eBay

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@pdnsports wrote:

Hi

I have had o views also for the past few days on one of my products.  I only have 2 products at this stage.  Have promoted my products 15% to get views and the only thing I have received is extra Ebay fees added to my account.  I am only trialling Ebay for 4 weeks and then onto Amazon which is much more popular these days.  I am trialling Ebay first because I previously sold with them years ago.  Much has changed.  I did sell another product the other day but was out of pocket $5 after I posted it.  Free postage and fees gobbled up any profit I was to make which would have been skinny anyway!

Ah well you obviously didnt calculate the costs of sending the item, and Ebay fee's before you priced it.   You will have the same issues on Amazon, if you don't calculate your overall costs before setting the sale price.

And really $33 postage to send you hydration vest,   no wonder no one is looking,  get realistic on your pricing and maybe people will look.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

And really $33 postage to send you hydration vest,   no wonder no one is looking,  get realistic on your pricing and maybe people will look.

I guess hedging bets here - if one bid at .99c, still in profit with $33 postage. The method sellers used to do in the past, which was why Ebay now takes fees out of postage.  pdnsports should really have read up on the current terms and conditions. Could be in for another shock.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply