Not receiving payment from eBay (I'm a seller)

Hello all, I'm a seller on eBay! 😊

I recently sold something (about 2 weeks ago) valued at $250. The buyer sent me a request stating he hasn't received his item. It was posted but I accidentally forgot to upload the tracking number. 😅

Then he said, along the lines of... "No worries, how do I close the request"? I've never made a request myself so I didn't know. It has been 3 days and the request is still open. eBay is stating that the money is on hold however I can confirm it was released 2 weeks ago. (It has not been retracted from my account). However, my new funds aren't being released and it's saying "no further payouts". I don't know if it's just taking it's sweet time processing or that money is on hold. It doesn't state it's on hold at all but I don't know. Please help me! 😊😭 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Not receiving payment from eBay (I'm a seller)

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You must reply to the case - upload the tracking number to the case immediately.

You only had 3 days to respond .   I hope it's not too late.

Does the tracking say it's delivered?

Get the buyer to close the case.  If you close the case ebay will find in the buyer's favour and refund from the funds they have on hold.

Copy and paste these instructions to your buyer -

How to close your request

1. Go to your Purchases and find the item.
  2. Select See request details in the Actions menu and then Close your request.
  3. Select your reason for closing the request from the dropdown, and add details if you want to.
  4. Select Close request or Confirm.

If you had already asked eBay to step in, you'll see 'case' rather than 'request'. You can still close it if things are resolved.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply