Occasional sellers penalised?

I'm an occasional seller so haven't been on Ebay for a while and am not up with their regular rule changes, but is this right?

I recently listed 6 items as BIN and was charged a small fee of 2.63 , they have been listed for a week and I sold 2 items .

Ebay sent me notification that they have added 'best offer' on my remaining items as they haven't sold in a week.

Are these the new rules where Ebay can run rough shot over occasional sellers.

By the way Ebay....sellers are buyers too...tick one off and you tick the other off too.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

@gec2002 wrote:

All it means is that you will only receive offers of $25 or more.  You can then decide if you will reject, accept or make a counteroffer.  

There were posts on the main thread about the "make an offer" issue, that eBay was inserting on seller's items where the auto accept was enabled at 50%.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Exactly.

This is the worst of the behaviours with regard to this eBay offers-being-imposed business.

I now feel - as a buyer - a little wary when I see "Best offer enabled" on some listings; I cannot help wondering if the seller knows that best offer is enabled and it puts me off the notion of making an offer.

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

The other glaring problem Countess is that a seller can easily end up with a defect on their selling account for refusing to sell at the 50% off (and a neg), unless they jump through (eBay's) hoops to get the defect (and neg) removed.

Since, it's been estimated, that only around 4 - 5% of members use the boards, then it's more than possible that they'd have no idea how to go about getting those defects/negs removed.

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@gec2002 wrote:

All it means is that you will only receive offers of $25 or more.  You can then decide if you will reject, accept or make a counteroffer.  

There were posts on the main thread about the "make an offer" issue, that eBay was inserting on seller's items where the auto accept was enabled at 50%.

The issue is mainly with the App. 

eBay have stated "For the best offer the app should not be setting an  accepted price, it only sets the decline amount. If you are seeing an accepted amount added please send us a screen shot to iosfeedback@ebay.com." 

Are you sure there not seeing a decline price

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

The issue is mainly with the App. 

Are you sure there not seeing a decline price

In their post **stickman** wrote :-

"On a $50 item of mine eBay added an offer setting to automatically accept offers of $25 or more..."

Now I have no idea if  **stickman** was using the app or not, but I'm pretty sure that other members that were posting about the "auto accept" on a 50% offer being enabled were using desktops and not apps.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

(Not answering padi in particular, just a general comment)

My view is that whether people use an app or not, the problem is with ebay. Before they introduce something, they should thoroughly test that it works properly in every situation.

I'm sure if they they faced fines or had to pay extra compensation to sellers who have been affected, we would see it fixed quick smart.

Had to smile at countessa's post about how, now if she sees an ad with Make an offer, she hesitates. I was the same yesterday when i saw an ad-it went through my mind-wonder if they put it there themselves or not. But have to admit, it didn't stop me from making an offer. They made a counter offer, which i accepted, so it all worked out.Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply