Opening an Ebay store

Hi,

I am thinking of opening  an ebay store but still unsure if the free 200 fixed price listing will start from the day the store open and ends in 1 month or it just will end at the end of the calendar month?

Thank you,

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Opening an Ebay store

eBay store fees are per calandar month as well, but they have two different billing periods, so some sellers are charged month to month on the 1st, others on the 15th. When you first open your store, the subscription fee is pro-rata (for example, I opened my store on the 1st, but the next time I was billed [two weeks later], I was charged for 6 weeks - the two weeks leading up to the invoice date, and then the next month's subscription fee).

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The free listings are per calendar month, so you should get 200 free straight away, then the amount will reset back to 200 free on the 1st of next month.

One thing to keep in mind is that many new sellers are subject to listing/selling limits, the most common being 100 per month, or $7500 (which ever is reached first), so you may not be able to use the full 200 per month until you've established yourself as a seller. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Read up on the eBay policies might be a good thing.

Like on your facebook page and get free shipping on the eBay item?

Don't think you're allowed to advertise your website on your photos either.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for all of your response. And one thing I would like to know if ebay would charge the monthly fee end of calendar month also> and does it mean if i start to open the store today which is middle of the month and i would be charged the monthly feee so 15 day-period?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay send me my invoice between 15th and 17th of the month. I've set it up so the payment is taken automatically from my Paypal account. This occurs on or around the 3rd of the next month. Don't know if it is the same for all store holders or not.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

eBay store fees are per calandar month as well, but they have two different billing periods, so some sellers are charged month to month on the 1st, others on the 15th. When you first open your store, the subscription fee is pro-rata (for example, I opened my store on the 1st, but the next time I was billed [two weeks later], I was charged for 6 weeks - the two weeks leading up to the invoice date, and then the next month's subscription fee).

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hi I know I am a Newbie re ebay, and the reason I saw this was because I posted a question. But a friend tried an ebay store - small one- for a couple of months - she sells bags she makes - and when her stuff didn't sell she cut her losses and closed the store - guess what ??? it was very hard to find anything she had listed. Then of course ebay is not a place to sell handcrafts, so my friend found out..

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

A store is only economical if you have plenty of stock to list.  I believe the recommended number of items is about 100.

And items are very hard to find if you have no selling history on them..they are way down in the searches.

Your friend would have been better off listing her bags normally to see how they went before going to the expense of a store.  If she tried again now she would have free listings and only pay fees when something sold.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply