Oz Post glitch or Seller glitch ? Thoughts please ....

Purchased goods from a seller that I purchase from around 4 times a year.

The goods were purchased late last week, so in January, and I have been getting notifcations regarding the parcel with dates from Nov last year?

When I put the tracking number into the Oz Post tracker the same Nov dates come up ? 

I have contacted the seller and they were usefess, did not acknowledge the issue, just sent through same tracking number.

The seller uses e-parcels and I am getting personalised emails via Aust Post so my details are linked to this tracking number, bit confusing

New Picture.jpg

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Oz Post glitch or Seller glitch ? Thoughts please ....

I would guess you have been given an old tracking number and possibly from another of your purchases.

Either way I think the prob is with what the seller has used to post or wrong number.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes.

I have looked back through my purchases and can't see anything around that time.

I will ring Australia Post on Friday.

Hope you have a great Aussie Day Cat Happy  Hope we all get some sales too

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

First off, the seller is pretty useless if they haven't answered the issue. They needed to say directly that they had double checked & it was the right number and Aus post has made an error.

Or else if they made an error, they needed to send through the right number.

What I am wondering about though is that tracking number you showed us says the item is still in transit. I understand the dates are up the creek but really, any item sent in Nov should have been delivered a long time back. Well, you'd hope so!

And you're getting these updates from Auspost, not the seller. So the error is probably with them.

Are you able to contact Aust Post at all with a direct query about this & quote the tracking number?

I suspect it may be for your parcel & if so, it is good news as it is on its way so should be with you soon. Fingersw crossed!!

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I am very very annoyed with the seller.  They are actually quite a carpy seller for a few reasons.  

But.... I need the goods I buy from them and I cannot find another Australian supplier with a price that is in the ballpark.

I am going to ring Australia Post tommoz and see if they are able to make sense of it.  Maybe the seller punched in the wrong date that has been uploaded through eparcel software ??  I would have thought though when it is scanned by Australia Post it would correct the date ??

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I've got the same problem with something I posted late last week - even to having the same date and location as on yours.

When I posted the item the details were showing correctly (that said item had been accepted by AP), but when I checked on Tuesday and again yesterday it had an event showing for November and in Underwood, Qld, below the other entries.

I posted from Victoria to Qld but I think the fact it was going to far north Qld had nothing to do with the Underwood entry from last November, so it's obviously some sort of glitch with AP rather than the seller having entered the wrong tracking number.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you Brer. 

Agree sounds like an AP glitch then if you are also getting weird tracking events from November at Underwood.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Mine was a different time of day but it was the 11th November, just like yours. I checked again after I wrote my above post and it's got the Underwood entry still at the bottom, then 'accepted by AP on Friday' at my local PO, then 'processed through AP facility' on Sunday am (Geelong). The Underwood 'event' can't possibly have happened before the other two events, which pretty much told me it was a glitch before I even saw the date on it.

It might be worth checking the tracking on some of your parcels to see if it's on them, but I assume you've probably already done that anyway. I rarely post parcels and this one wasn't even an ebay sale.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Happy to report that the parcel was delivered today. 

The Underwood tracking from November remains and no further scans until this morning.  But the tracking events from this morning are all as they should be.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

My parcel still has the Underwood entry too, but it also shows as being with AP for delivery today. I'm glad you got your parcel - that's the main thing.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply