PAYPAL DISPUTE - URGENT HELP PLEASE

I sold a doll to a buyer in Italy - REGISTERED POST 24 JANUARY 2014. The buyer lodged an ITEM NOT RECEIVED against me.

The buyer refused to pay $30 (customs fee?) so Milan P O will not deliver it.

PAYPAL HAS RULED IN HER FAVOUR BECAUSE THERE IS NO TRACKING NUMBER.

AUSTRALIA POST HAVE INVESTIGATED THIS FOR ME AND SAID THAT THE PARCEL ARRIVED IN MILAN 1ST FEBRUARY.

I HAVE SENT PAYPAL ALL THE INFO EG. REGISTERED DOC AND EXPLAINED MY CIRCUMSTANCES.

DOES ANYONE THINK THIS IS FAIR THAT THIS EBAYER IS ALLOWED TO BREAK THE CONTRACT??? I AM SO VERY UPSET.

THANKS EVERYONE

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PAYPAL DISPUTE - URGENT HELP PLEASE

tracking for AP  int Reg post number    rq045496369au below. Hope that helps your claim. The item was delivered on the

24th FEB cheers Dave

Date Zipcode Location Event Weight Additional

01.02.2014 00:00 Csi Milano Linate Arrival at international place of exchange   
24.02.2014 00:00 Sr Lentini Csd Item delivered.   
24.02.2014 00:00  consegnato al destinatario   
01.02.2014 00:00 Centri Postali in lavorazione   
01.02.2014 00:00 Centro Postale accettato dal centro postale
atheism is a non prophet organization

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

ring pay pal ask to speak to supervisor 

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Smiley Happy THANKYOU

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

In australia don't we only have to prove that the item was sent. Not that is has been delived?

This from paypal australia.

What is "proof of shipment" and what forms of "proof of shipment" does PayPal accept?

For the purposes of the Seller Protection, acceptable "Proof of Shipment" means any one of the following:

1)
A faxed copy of the shipping receipt that includes the buyer's delivery address. You can get this from Australia Post's Registered Post and Australia Post's Registered Post International, or
2)
A shipping code that PayPal can use online to view the shipping status and the buyer's delivery address. You can get this from TNT, DHL, FedEx, and other carriers, or
3)
A receipt issued by the carrier that is signed by the recipient acknowledging delivery.

Remind them of their own policies.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. HELPS QUITE ALOT. WILL LET YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME. I WILL NEVER POST TO ITALY AGAIN.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Italy is close to Nigeria, successful sale wise. It might pay to remind Paypal that the buyer refused delivery. Which is the buyer's issue, not yours, as customs duties are payable by the receiver. You might also like to turn your CAPS LOCK off.

Harley, if the buyer went through a site that uses eBay protection, then the proof has to be of delivery, not postage

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Thankyou Davewil1964

Paypal are having another look at it, but because I sent the parcel  Registered Post means that the buyer has not actually received it. The reason being  she refuses to pay the $30 customs upon delivery. Australia Post investigated the Registered Parcel and it arrived in Milan February 1st 2014.

PayPal also said I shoujld have let the buyer know about the customs/charges in Italy. I live in Australia (what the?) how should I know. I'm not an expert ebayer, just trying to be fair. I didn't need to Register the parcel but did it so I would know it was delivered safely.

If I had used tracking it probably would have been ruled in my favor.

Thanks everyone for the input. Will let you all know the outcome, just in case someone else falls into this situation.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

it is an explicit condition of eBay membership that the buyer is responsible for any customs charges/duties. It is not your responsibility to find out what they are, much less to advise the buyer. That is their job.

I would be ringing Paypal and asking to talk to a supervisor, pointing out the conditions that apply to Australia, and even eBay. If still no joy, I would be mentioning to the said supervisor that I would be putting in a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service about their unconscionable conduct if the funds aren't returned to my account within 24 hours.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Hayley, I think they would rule on point 3 you made, seen as though it was sent registered post so proof of delivery would be required even in Australia.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Nope. The minimum proof required is proof of sending to the buyer's postcode. Registered or not, POD isn't (and can't be) a requirement in Australia.

Italy, however, depends on the rules of the site they were logged into when they purchased.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply