Paid Item marked as Awaiting payment

Hi Guys.. Has this happened to anyone & does anyone know why?...So a customer bought an item then said they would pay later (didnt know that was possible?)..Anyway for about 10 days my Ebay sold list said Awaiting Payment & showed an Hourglass symbol. But when I contact customer to ask when shes going to pay. shes cranky because she said she paid by Paypal days ago. So I check Paypal & sure enough its marked paid (saying paid 4th July)... but my Ebay summary list is STILL saying Awaiting Payment.

Has anyone had this happen & know why?...Going to send it today...As it must be paid if its in my Paypal list?

Cheers Guys ( & giiiirrrls)

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Paid Item marked as Awaiting payment

Hi Guys.. Has this happened to anyone & does anyone know why?...So a customer bought an item then said they would pay later (didnt know that was possible?)..Anyway for about 10 days my Ebay sold list said Awaiting Payment & showed an Hourglass symbol. But when I contact customer to ask when shes going to pay. shes cranky because she said she paid by Paypal days ago. So I check Paypal & sure enough its marked paid (saying paid 4th July)... but my Ebay summary list is STILL saying Awaiting Payment.

Has anyone had this happen & know why?...Going to send it today...As it must be paid if its in my Paypal list?

Cheers Guys ( & giiiirrrls)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thankyou thankyou for putting up this post.

I have had an item showing the hourglass since 7th July. Thought it was an echeque and waited for it to show as payment received.

It is still showing as an hourglass and i have just checked my paypal account and its all paid. Can't believe it, i had contacted the buyer but hadn't heard anything and was almost ready to report unpaid. Wow I will be checking paypal with these kind of payments and not believe ebay again.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Wow!!! So it's not just me!! This must be a new thing then ... That PayPal aren't telling EBay when Echeques clear. Glad my problem was a help to you๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†Happened to see something the other day on EBay US site ... People saying that PayPal is annoyed at EBay for adding another payment platform & now PayPal is not playing nicely.. Could be the reason?.. don't know... But stay tuned cos my problem just got worse.. To be continued..

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

SOOO as some of you guys advised I should have just given the refund instead of sending the item..Because now Ive sent them, she says I should have repected her refund request & not pushed sale!!

This sounds right to me now BUT -Because before she bought the earrings she sent me 3 seperate emails saying she "wanted to buy a pair but would have to save up for 2 weeks before getting them"  (poor Uni student) THEN "cant decide what colour to get, yarda yard" THEN "decided on Black ones, so excited yarda yarda"- Because of all this I thought she'd still want them really & was just cranky I was sending them late because of the Ebay/Paypal glitch, so thought if I got them off to her ASAP, with a gift shed be happy!

WRONG!! Shes now very snarky & says she doesnt need this stress etc.. I want refund. Soooo I refunded her last night & the earrings are on their merry way to her. 

I refunded her because she HAD asked for a refund & I still sent them (thinking that was what she really wanted still) And her not answering her emails, which I took to be passive aggressiveness was really that she hadnt checked her messages for 2 days (shes actually just aggressive! Ha haa!) 

So guys hows the easiest way to get them back? She is complaining she'll now have to return them. I sent with signature on delivery & will be delivered maybe 2morrow.. I cant put a stop on it can I? Or some kind of return to sender? Or should I send her a prepaid envelope to her, for her to pop the packet in to send it back to me. Shes complaining that its gonna cost her postage (but of course Ill pay that )...

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

I have just posted the item that was paid. Marked it as paid and the hourglass is still there. 

There is  little words saying post now under it, yet on my sold page it still says buyer hasn't paid.

I think Paypal and Ebay has a falling out. They are not talking to each other now.

I plan to check paypal for every sale just in case from now on.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

@stylesilver wrote:

So guys hows the easiest way to get them back? She is complaining she'll now have to return them. 

Just tell her to refuse delivery, that doesn't require any more effort than answering her door and telling the delivery person, no. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

The package will be automatically returned to the return address on it. If she misses the delivery, the package will go to the nearest PO as awaiting collection. It will be held for 10 days then returned to sender if no one comes in - I daresay if the delivery is missed, she won't be inclined to go in and physically refuse delivery / RTS, but you should get it back eventually.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks Didgi ... Was doing this as you said ...( but thought I'd contact her to see what was happening as I then saw it WAS delivered so she must have been home) ... So I asked her to return it ( offering to pay return postage into her PayPal as I Sent it to her after she asked for refund) ... Didn't hear anything from her ...asked her again. NOW she says she wants to keep it & will repay for it next Tuesday! Thought this might happen as they are very nice earrings & she had really wanted them... Sooo back to waiting for payment๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚...๐Ÿ˜ณ Can you believe it?

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

So the take away info from this thread should be that PayPal is no longer necessarily updated our EBay details when a customer uses a ECheque to pay for item, nor when it clears... We need to check our PayPal Emails, for info of it being paid & for when it clears. Another take away is you still great the BEST advice here on the boards!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi that doesn't sound right I'm buying and selling all the time don't send the item unless it's come up in your PayPal and cleared if it says pending money has not come threw a exchequer also could have been used which can take up to 10.days to clear notification always comes threw of payment threw PayPal if it doesn't say send now do not send as payment has not cleared hope this helps
Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also check with eBay and PayPal to see if you've been paid and money's clear if I'm unsure I message eBay or PayPal who can rectify the problem or cancel the order so u can re sell to someone who will pay
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Also check that the thread you are replying to is in any way current.

This thread isn't and your advice is not necessarily current.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply