Pathetic customer service for long-standing sellers

seadweller007
Community Member

with holding funds after an item has been sold until it's delivered on the other side of the world is no way to treat a seller with a perfect 14 year record. Please pay me my funds. I have never had an item go missing. I have paid for express post with full tracking.

Start treating your sellers with some respect. No wonder sellers are leaving ebay in droves.

I have followed the complaints process and the lack of support is pathetic.

Fix it.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Pathetic customer service for long-standing sellers

14 years ago was probably the last time you took any notice of ebays  T&C's, Policys etc, as you obviously did not pay any attention to them when listing your items for sale.

Why do you think you should be exempt from current  Policys,  Note  Ignorance is no excuse.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

No matter, eBay will read all their posts here and exempt them for those policies 

Or not 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Having a so-called perfect record is meaningless.

If you are an occasional seller, then Ebay holds your funds for a certain period until they can establish that the item has arrived. This is in the T&C's you agreed to, so why are you trying to complain?

Every time you go off Ebay for a period of time, you have to re-establish your good name as a seller. 

Make sure the item tracking number is in the transaction and once it has been marked as delivered, perhaps then get in touch with CS and ask them to release your funds.

Do you have any evidence that sellers are leaving in droves? Most find it a profitable place to do business -  they read and understand both buyer and seller expectations and also understand the processes and conditions to which they signed up. Ebay has changed a LOT over the years and it is always worth updating your own knowledge as a seller, especially now that Paypal is no longer in the picture, for example.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Sellers don’t have a choice and customer service is non existent.

Holding funds that don’t belong to them is hardly fair. 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@seadweller007 wrote:

Sellers don’t have a choice and customer service is non existent.

Holding funds that don’t belong to them is hardly fair. 

Fair to protect buyers from sellers who sell and run

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I see what's happening here. There is a little band of eBay soldiers attacking anyone who complains here, all marking each others' posts as "helpful". Wow. One more reason to quit this platform.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@mark.wooba wrote:

I see what's happening here. There is a little band of eBay soldiers attacking anyone who complains here, all marking each others' posts as "helpful". Wow. One more reason to quit this platform.

No one is making you stay,  cancel your account if you like

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Please do, it is sellers such as yourself that give sellers in general a bad name

You are the one doing the attacking

Most people here will give answers based on factual information

And people like yourself lack the maturity to cope with such a thing 

Funny how you have time to troll the forum to see who gave who 'helpfuls' but not the time to select an appropriate postage option

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I wanna see the stats on members that are leaving ebay in droves. I've never had any issues buying what I need, so very curious about all these disgruntled sellers that leave.

I haven't been here long, but I have read countless posts on all the forums, before I decided to post. I think I read back 3 years, just to be informed and educated. One thing I did notice was, so many people that threatened to leave, for whatever reason, are still selling, or buying, years after their threat. Are these people so important that they think them threatening to leave will shut ebay down?

Newsflash, you're not important, and unless you are turning over 5 million dollars a year, ebay doesn't care about you. In fact, you are less than a blip on their radar. So many people think that their contribution to the site is what keeps ebay going. If they leave, ebay will collapse. Nope! Ebay doesn't care.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply