Payment Being Held????? Recommendations for Other Venues?

So now Ebay are withholding money.... I have to send a $300 dolar item to a customer without receiving a dollar for it untill 21 days later. Does anyone in Ebay actually have a clue what they are doing? Do they have any business experience at all?
Would like to know if anyone can recommend any alternative selling venues - thinking it's about time to abandon ship here.

Message 1 of 124
Latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

I am just more and more annoyed!

Advertised for local pickup - buyer pays via PayPal prior to me giving address etc.

buyer picks up item and is happy.

buyer leaves positive feedback immediately.

I am still without money for another 21 days.

How does that work!

I  did not see where it states where the hold will apply to all items until seller meets requiremetns.

I am jumping through that many hoops and doing the right thing and getting treated like I am the criminal.

Message 101 of 124
Latest reply

And on a slightly unrelated topic, I just got blocked out of the forums for a day..... was it something I said? ๐Ÿ™‚ No message or correspondence from ebay beforehand, the responce to my email sent off to 'help' was that I should clear my cache and try using Internet Explorer.... well duh, i already cleared the cache, tried IE and Chrome, and tried three different computers.......
The more I'm getting to experience Ebay, the less I'm liking it here.....Woman Frustrated

Message 102 of 124
Latest reply

Because this 21 day thing is an eBay policy, you do have to wonder whether it will link in PayMate as another source to hold your funds.

Seems to me like the only 'SAFE' payment methods are direct credit to your bank account, or cash on pickup.  Neither of these two methods could be subject to a 21 day hold.  

And I know about forfeiting Buyer/Seller Protection - but heck the only 'protection' that is going on is eBay (and PayPal) kowtowing to buyers, and eBay 'protecting' YOUR money in their interest bearing 'reserve' account.

I keep giving cq-tech kudos, and agreeing wholeheartedly, the only way to get your funds released is to file a complaint with the FOS. If PayPal are getting hit with a fee of $1500 each and every time a complaint is lodged - this policy will die a very quick death.

Message 103 of 124
Latest reply

Personally I prefer Disney's version of 'Fantasyland'...

Message 104 of 124
Latest reply

@craftymel14 wrote:

And on a slightly unrelated topic, I just got blocked out of the forums for a day..... was it something I said? ๐Ÿ™‚ No message or correspondence from ebay beforehand, the responce to my email sent off to 'help' was that I should clear my cache and try using Internet Explorer.... well duh, i already cleared the cache, tried IE and Chrome, and tried three different computers.......
The more I'm getting to experience Ebay, the less I'm liking it here.....Woman Frustrated

I was going to say "coulda been", but a quick scan back through the thread and I see that the posts I thought may have caused some trouble are still here, unedited by the forum mods.

Spoiler
Just to try and clarify, I'm referring to the links, sometimes even links to our eBay listings will be pulled and a swift slap issued by the forum mods. Still mighta been the cause of the lockout, but also interesting the posts are untouched. 

Message 105 of 124
Latest reply

ninja cat.jpg

Message 106 of 124
Latest reply

If it's any small consolation guys, I had my first lot of funds released yesterday that had been held since the 24th.... so only four days.  That was without me calling to abuse them too!  I got a Paypal email notification telling me that they had been released.

Message 107 of 124
Latest reply

I'm with you Harley - I leave feedback once it's been received, not because I'm being a tool, but because we have so many sales that we have come to use it as our means of knowing items have been received.  I go through about once a month and send a courtesy email to anyone who hasn't left feedback - I don't ever ask for feedback, but the courtesy note just checks to see that the item has been received and that there is nothing they need to discuss with me.  It's a good tool used that way.

Message 108 of 124
Latest reply

Thank you!!!  Sorry I missed this reply earlier - off to do the evil deed with glee.

Message 109 of 124
Latest reply

@treasuress.4207 wrote:

ninja cat.jpg

cuteness overload

So cute ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Message 110 of 124
Latest reply