Payment.

guestie
Community Member

I recently sold a camera on ebay and everything was good until ebay said as I had not sold anything for a while they would with hold my money.  Now I have been using ebay for many years and for them to say they would hold my money for three weeks has really **bleep** me off.  If this is the way ebay treats loyal customers I will be closing my account when I finally get my money. I will do everything in my power to make people aware of your policies.   **bleep** service. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Payment.

The policy(ies) are very very clear. no secret and up to you to know about (since you ticked you had 'read and agreed to')

And they are not 'our' policies , we are members like you (being a member to member forum)

Indeed, the hold on funds apply to all new and infrequent sellers, including you

It shows you have no feedback at all on this account, so is there a reason you believe you should be excluded from the same rules as every other seller?

You are lucky it is only three weeks for you, normally it is four weeks

Please do feel free to close your account, eBay do not care and will not notice

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Payment.

You're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information.

So… not “our” policies.

Managed Payments has been in place now for roughly two years. All eBay members were notified about the changes and the forthcoming implementation of MP for roughly two years before that — more than once. You’d have received those emails and links to further information just as I did (and I’m a buyer only!).

But to get you up to speed, MP is the new payment system for sellers to receive their funds on eBay. All sellers will be judged on the basis of when last they sold, how often they are selling things, and the sort of items they sell and the value there if (if there’s an abrupt change in type or value).

If sellers haven’t sold recently (say, over the last few months) and haven’t sold regularly (say, 30 items over the course of the last d few months), they will be regarded as new sellers.  New sellers will have their funds on hold.

It is certainly frustrating for intermittent or casual sellers. As a way of cutting down on fraudulent sellers, anecdotally it seems to be quite effective.

Are you aware that unless you are registered for MP, you’ll never get your funds? Sellers must provide proof of photo ID to verify their identity, and they must also go through the process of verifying their bank account.

Details here: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

If you’re not going to be a regular seller, eBay may not be the best selling venue for you. But if you are going to be selling more frequently and quite regularly, it is worth going through the verification process. The choice is yours.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Payment.

Most of ' us loyal customers ' know all this.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Payment.

@guestie wrote:

I will do everything in my power to make people aware of your policies.   

please do! Especially as these policies are the ones that you should read and understand before you signify that you have read, understood and agree to.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Payment.

That would be real good if you make the policy clear to as many people as you can,  then they will be aware of the policy before they blindly list something for sale, and then wish to complain despite having  agreed to the T&C's prior to listing.

So yes tell as many people as you can, some  of your friends might even realize  your mistake.  Loyal customer or not, who cares.

Edit.

I hope you have already shipped the camera, you don't get to wait  for your payment to clear.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply