Payouts on hold message

Just had a bright red message bar come up across my seller hub saying something like " Please update your bank account. Payouts will be held until you do so"

I happened to refresh my screen and the message went away.

I don't even think I have my bank details on file anyway.

Glitch maybe?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Payouts on hold message

Probably, the site has had some messages and alerts in the past meant for certain members go to the wrong members.

Just check you don't need a new credit card (expiring soon) linked to PayPal or for auto paying eBay fees.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you will find it has something to do with with the new system that ebay is introducing.

As I understand it ebay will decide when sellers get paid for an item.....unlike paypal where the seller can decide when to withdraw their money.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

Yes this was mentioned a while ago and I'm not looking forward to this one let me tell ya haha.

I hope that ebay have come to their senses because there will be alot of unhappy sellers.

I heard that payouts could be held for 2 weeks lol before a seller can access them.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

Yikes....that is just another reason that I have decided not to sell on ebay.

Over the last 14 years I bought a lot of collectables with the intention of enjoying them and then onselling them when we decided to downsize.

Heaven only knows where I will be able to dispose of them now....I will probably flood the local auctions and lower the prices.Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

Just received my confirmation email from PayPal that I can now buy and pay later lol 21 days later wow just like in the US.

I wonder if the seller will get their payments immediately or will have to wait 21 days also?

Our worst night mares about to become true?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

Paypal picks up the bill for the py later scheme......the seller is paid immediately by paypal.....at least that is how it works in the US.

I hope they never offer it to me....if I cannot pay immediately I just don't/won't buy.

At present I am on a buying drought.....our work van was written off a few weeks ago and we have to replace it,,,,and have no money coming in until we are back on the road.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

Sorry to hear about your van hope things go well and the buy now pay later is only an option that I can choose if I wish to when I make a payment through PayPal so some might take it up and some may not.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

If it can only be seen when making a payment then I won't see it anyway.

Bought a good secondhand van last Friday and have been getting it optioned to our requirements.....still need a $600 alarm which will be fitted on Saturday.  I have just balked at paying $900 for a genuine nudge bar and am looking on ebay for a non genuine (recommended by our friendly smash repairer).  The prices are very user friendly at around $300.  I might just see the pay later offer after all.Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Payouts on hold message

I just wrote off my van with a kangaroo a couple of days ago, so when I get the insurance payout and find another I will also have to go through that - find someone to fit the options I want. Such a hassle, and I loved my old van. Oh well, what can you do *sigh*

Latest reply