Personal detail verification

Hi. I sold my first item on ebay and now my payment is on hold due to personal information that they cannot verify. I have tried multiple times, but without fail. How can I get ebay to verify my information or are they conveniently trying to hold my money

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

No - they are not ' conveniently ' holding your money.

Always a good idea to check the t&c's of selling - before you sell.

Managed payments - you will have had to sign up for - and should have completed this before selling. 

Why can you not verify your personal information. ??

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Time to sign up for Managed Payments and be verified to sell is before you list anything

And even if you had done what you were needed to do, your funds would still be on hold for 30 days due to you being a new seller

Same rules for everyone

All of which you agreed to when listing

And you need to post the item within your handling time, not make the seller wait

It is not the buyer's  fault you did not follow the process you were required to

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Verified or Not,  as a new seller your funds will be held for 30 days.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

were you trying to conveniently trying to avoid being verified

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

were you trying to conveniently trying to avoid being verified

LOL

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Great help **bleep**, after trying to do the right things, ebay screwing me with postage and now your **bleep**???? 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

If you explained what part of the verification process is failing and why it is failing someone here might be able to help you.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I have to verify my identity by submitting my Passport and driver's licence photo and details. 30 minutes later, I get an email saying that my ID cannot be verified and takes me back to the same screen where I submit my photos and details again

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Are they asking for both passport and driver's licence?

I thought you only needed one.

And are the names exactly the same as your bank account? - they must match exactly

Registering as a seller | eBay

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply