Personalised phone call from Ebay

Got a missed call from Ebay's Retail and Growth team this morning which was then followed up by an email. Per their message:

"I am reaching out from eBay Australia as I noticed your volume & revenue has declined over the last few months. My job is to support businesses like yours through our new growth program which aims to maximise seller success on eBay and get you back on your feet.

This is a complimentary service eBay provides that will take you through all our best-practice materials over a call and emails to make sure you are set up for a successful future selling on eBay."

Now, in all honesty, I'm not sure what they can tell me about improving my listings. I know full well my sales have declined, and they dropped after the item info was required for all listings and even more specifically since November 2020. I'd be far more interested if they can tell me why my sales are down 90% here, but up by 200% elsewhere for the same products being sold at a higher price point.

Anyway, has anyone ever had a conversation with the Ebay's growth team and found it to be useful?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Anyway, has anyone ever had a conversation with the Ebay's growth team and found it to be useful?

Not me. I am presuming that eBay Aust now has staff.....

This is a complimentary service eBay provides that will take you through all our best-practice materials over a call and emails to make sure you are set up for a successful future selling on eBay."

Sounds like that'll cost you!

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I hope it’s useful and that you will be provided with solid and workable solutions/information/explanations.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Nobody knows your business like you do.

Personally - I think eBay has gotten TOO big - it is a matter of lights on - lights off.

Round & round - in certain saturated categories.

You could give - ' complimentary ' a shot - until - it - begins to - cost.

Actually - I'd be interested in what they suggest - you haven't already done. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

From memory, they will be offering to work through an online tutorial with you, at a time suitable to you.

Sounded interesting, but at the time, we had too much going on, and we had been selected as sales had increased.  Never got to do the online bit, but did have some useful discussions with a designated ebay rep.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Exactly right @domino

They have offered me 3 months free store subscription, so I guess there is that!

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Good for you....hope you can benefit....but....the 'level playing field' seems to be getting bumpier.

Please let us know how you fare 😲

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I received a similar call a few weeks back. The rep gave me some "selling tips" which were basically add item specifics, take more photos, refurbish store front, offer free returns......etc. Anyways I just listened through the 10-15 mins talk for the 3 months free store subscription😆

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@renki - LOL, sounds like having to sit through a timeshare presentation just to get the "gift" at the end.

Three months free sub is worth it though,

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply