Postage charges.

Boy some rats out there charge over and beyond the stand rate as they say. 
Even when you factor  packaging and trying to get a bit to cover FVF on postage now. I don't bregrudge anyone that. But one germ charged $13 for a 500 gram package.

Before you start pegion chesting with a good box and protection it would have been around a kilo.

The dumb thing is instead of paying 90 cents or a dollar  to ebay he paid  more to ebay and PayPal.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Postage charges.

You knew the postage prior to purchase.  No one forced you to buy.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Why would you, in the first place, want to buy anything from rats, germs? What on earth is 'pegion chesting'?
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

Even when you factor  packaging and trying to get a bit to cover FVF on postage now. I don't bregrudge anyone that. But one germ charged $13 for a 500 gram package.

Before you start pegion chesting with a good box and protection it would have been around a kilo.

The dumb thing is instead of paying 90 cents or a dollar  to ebay he paid  more to ebay and PayPal.

So,  small, medium, or large,  what was the exact weight and or package sizing used.  500g threshhold now only applies to self packaged items  and 1 gram over takes it into the next price range.

If it was a  small satchel/box or under 500g  SP  then the seller has made about $2  to cover their time and any additional handling costs

If it was a medium satchel/box  or 500g - 1000g SP   Then the seller has probably lost money on postage, unless they get AP discount.

Any other scenarios and the seller has undercharged

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

At what point does "overcharging" apply - X amount or X% above the known cost to seller, or when you can no longer think of and therefore account for the expenses a seller may have included in their pricing?

If the seller had charged $5 for postage and put all those costs into the item price instead, would they still have "overcharged"? 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

You're right, this sentence makes no sense to me, and probably to no-one else.   What on earth does the OP mean?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

No,  the buyer has paid the FVF on postage, so the seller has not lost any additional amount.  The seller will only ever lose the FVF amount to ebay & paypal, if they do not allow for it in there price structure.

Note also the satchel and box postage prices as charged by AP  do not include the actual cost of the satchel or box, which must also be added on to the actual postage cost.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think this has something to do with strutting around with your chest puffed out.

Like a pigeon.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply