22 REPLIES 22

Postage going up again!

Well today I achieved TRS in the USA for the first time.  It will be now gone by Christmas due to this. 

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

My satchel prices aren't going up. A further advantage of C&S this time around; makes them relatively cheaper.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

Too true Dave, why don't the posters here simply use click and send eBay satchels - cheaper and have paypal protection for the seller. AP may be using this rise as a gentle push to get eBayers to use the (less expensive) eBay service they are offering.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

ecutalk
Community Member

shocking they're adding another day onto the postage times!

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

shocking they're adding another day onto the postage times!

they aren't really adding an extra day, they are just stating the bleeding obvious.... they are NOT delivering within stated time frames, so they are going to stop telling lies and give us the truth for a change!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

bravo putney - but it does now beg the question - what of our postage DSR's - the sellers fault or God forbid, Aust Posts?? On the one hand eBay are saying to reduce our handling time, then AP is saying, add a day to their handling time., what a mess

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

successfullivingsolutions
Community Member

Copied this from Australia Post:

Domestic parcels Prepaid Parcel Post Plus 500g, 3kg and 5kg satchels will increase by an average of $1 per satchel. Prepaid Express Post 3kg satchels will increase by an average 6.9% or 90 cents per satchel. All other domestic Express Post satchels prices are unchanged. From 22 October 2012 the published delivery standards for domestic regular parcels (Parcel Post and over the counter assessed parcels) will be changing with the addition of one extra day to the delivery standards. For example, the current delivery standard for regular parcels from Sydney to Melbourne is 2 days. This will change to a range of 2-3 days.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

bravo putney - but it does now beg the question - what of our postage DSR's - the sellers fault or God forbid, Aust Posts?? On the one hand eBay are saying to reduce our handling time, then AP is saying, add a day to their handling time., what a mess

it is Aus Post fault on all counts IMO

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

Perhaps ebay should interact with the Companies that sellers have to deal with -  i.e. Australia Post -  before implementing their new rules / requirement i.e. sellers to post/deliver with in 1 day.......this really blows that possibility out of the water completely !!!

Ah, but ebay don't care if you can't walk on water do they, they just watch your  Postage DRS's fall due to expecting us to promise our buyers the impossible -  despite the fact we have absolutely NO control over these things.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Postage going up again!

flotsam-jetsom
Community Member

I sent an item on Tuesday, had the buyer ask where it was on Thursday, guess he has seen the 1 day packing time and assumed that is when it will arrive. Easy to assume, but seriously as I am in far North Qld and the item was going to SA, I ask you, do people ever really think at all?

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply