Postage times....

saarzi
Community Member

Anyone had any items delivered yet?

I sent several items on Monday (NOT priority) and Ive had emails from buyers to say some were already delivered today.

That includes from me (rural NSW) to rural VIC!

So much for two speed deliveries?  unless they are just getting used to it.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Postage times....

Had items delivered in 2 days melb to nsw and still haven't received items since the 20th dec that are only 2 hours away so it's like a yoyo.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

I had one delivered yesterday 6th

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I sent a priority letter on Monday to metro WA (from SA), and the buyer received it Wednesday, if that means anything...

I was a little surprised, as most letters I send to WA take twice that, and this one was registered which I often find adds a day or two to transit time for some reason, but to be honest a lot of what other people have been saying about it has got me wondering if I'm a bit of a chump for paying the priority rate. Smiley LOL 

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

hi dig    i would prob wait until everybody and offices and factories and schools are back  , as there prob isnt a lot of mail to deliver.at the moment.

most factories dont come back until the 11th,   i dont know about you but driving is a breeze at the moment.

then that what give you a better idea

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

I posted a large letter on Tuesday without a priority sticker to somewhere that normally takes 3-4 days. It appears the buyer leaves feedback for sellers so will be interesting to see when it arrives. He has left 3 negs for non arrivals "more than a year ago", so we'll see. I did wonder if I should have put a priority sticker on it, but the estimate said 12-19 Jan, which I thought was more than enough time for that location.

I've added a small postage cost to my large letter items, $1.40. I figured the buyer and I can share the postage cost (the one mentioned above still fell under the "free" postage). If those items stop selling I'll remove the cost again and add a few cents to the price.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

It is a bit too early to know anything for sure, and I keep thinking back to all those times I posted separate packages to the same address on the same day, only to have them arrive up to a week apart sometimes. 

I do wonder, if no one pays for priority, there would effectively be no such thing. Smiley Very Happy

PS Joe, I don't drive, the only time I notice traffic is when I have to cross the road, and the only thing I can say about that is there are never any cars on the road until the second I decide to cross it, at any given time of the year. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

So if no-one buys the priority stamps,  will it be dead in the water?

Personally,  I think it's already dead in the water before it's grown legs

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

So if no-one buys the priority stamps,  will it be dead in the water?

Personally,  I think it's already dead in the water before it's grown legs

It's likely only people who have external pressure re: delivery times that are even considering using priority, and even then it seems there's too much mistrust in AP's information / promises / propaganda 😄 to get many people paying the 50c. There would be a few people, business etc outside of eBay that have those concerns, but I'm guessing most people will just post their greeting cards, bills etc, a day or two earlier. 

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

I think they should have increased the price to $1.10 and not have it (assuming the base rate increase was justified)

Australia Post yearly report for the financial year is here for anyone interested: click me

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply