Posting to a parcel locker, signature on delivery required for PayPal?

I've got a buyer who is buying something expensive and provided an Auspost parcel locker as the address.

I would normally use SOD + Extra Cover and be happy, but I've read online that because of the way parcel lockers are secured, the parcel is able to be dropped into the locker and not need a proper signature.

I'm just wondering how this would affect a PayPal charge back or dispute? If the tracking info simply says "left in a safe location" or whatever.
I remember reading that PayPal required a signature for items valued over a certain amount for seller protection, but when I look up the Australian seller protection requirements, it does not say that anywhere.
It does say a signature is required for sales over US$750 on the US PayPal website though.

Anyone have any experience with this before?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

If parcels are small enough they will send them with the postie so explains why to make it larger. But i have never thought what is the maximum size. Hopefully Aust Post ask this before people book them for a delivery point as i can't see them fitting something like a car tyre or similiar. 

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

It used to be $300 but they increased it a while ago.  When I was at the PO on Monday I sent a $500 parcel and didn't want a signature on it and I was able to get insurance without SOD.  I think I even said something like "you don't have to have SOD until it's worth $750 now, do you?" and he agreed.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

I just checked Aust post and their website says $500. Last time I tried which may have been a few months ago I am sure it was lower.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

I would assume that if the item does not fit it would get carded and they would have to go into the branch. I had an item that was SOD with my home address once that was so large my local PO couldn't take it when I wasn't home and I had to pick it up from another branch with bigger storage. Surprisingly, the delivery person was on the ball enough to have listed the correct PO when they left a card.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply