Pretty sure stolen accounts are buying from me

Today, all of a sudden this account and my other account made over 40 sales from accounts with 0-2 feedback scores and all the accounts were created today, some of them have similar usernames however, they all have different PayPals, I don't know what is happening, it has never happend before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re the games key, maybe the first buyer (yesterday)  has been telling all his gamer mates  $250  @ $3,  Not a gamer, but sounds like a good deal.  As most of the accounts have Zero feedback and you say most appear to have been only created today.  They may be buying as guests  or may have signed up just to buy your item.   My grandson is into gaming and runs multiple screens mainly

for communicating with various gaming groups,  so maybe you are going Viral, better get to a Doc quick.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds suss to me. Have you got your blocks in place in account settings ? 

You can prevent zero and two feedback buyers who have not had their accounts verified by ebay from buying anything at all from you. You can also limit the number of items each id buys in a certain period of time . 

While you are in account settings and blocks, it would pay to block buyers with more than two unpaid item strikes in 12 months from trying to buy your stuff. Solves a lot of problems.

If you dont know how to navigate account settings, go to the help link at top of page and type in " block buyers " and select " selling preferences" link near the bottom of the page.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Cham, you can no longer block buyers who haven't been verified. EBay removed that option nearly a year ago. I was pretty angry about that because we can no longer block guest accounts. I guess the unverified complained and got their way.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be able to win any INR cases by proving 'electronic' sending

to the buyers PayPal email address.

I am not sure if it's still the case but PayPal didn't cover digital goods.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

PayPal covers digital goods so INR or SNAD's may be on the cards

but as your sale amounts have been small it would take a real bottom

feeder to raise a case.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply