Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

Very quick, dave - keep it up!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 71 of 323
Latest reply

tassieterror wrote:

Thank you, k1ooo, for prolonging the fun.

always happy to help by pointing out the inconstencies in a post like yours that tries to lecture others . . . . . I mean, you lecture dave with your erroneous tabulation some 15 days after the previous post with figures that show that dave's longest delay bump post was only 11 days Smiley Very Happy

Message 72 of 323
Latest reply

Further insightfulness from you, k1ooo - thank you.

Message 73 of 323
Latest reply

@my_scape wrote:

you have got to be a Fastway employee. I can tell you nothing has changed, the drivers still hold items in their vehicles sometimes for a week or more. They refuse to amswer their mobile phone and if you persit calling they turn it off. No use calling the depot, will not answer on hold call, Sometimes they lift the receiver and put it back down to put you back  at the end of the call list.  When the item finally arrived (after threats to the poor seller} the driver had no explanation, just shrugged his shoulders and said I should be thankful he was delivering it. I will only deal with sellers who do not use Fastway

It's a nice change from being accused of being an eBay employee. Kudos to you!

Message 74 of 323
Latest reply

OK, so while this thread is near the top, I'll have a whine (and maybe some cheese to go with it)

How do you know who uses Fastway?      Am I supposed to ask before buying?

I bought something and 2 days later saw the courier get out of his van and shove

a card in my letterbox.

I had to go 2 suburbs away to pick it up.    Not even the local PO, FGS!!

Message 75 of 323
Latest reply

Yes, it's not always obvious. I nearly got caught out recently on an item I'd purchased that had "Express Postage" listed as the shipping method, but when you looked under the "Postage and payments" tab in the listing, it was actually with Fastway.

Fortunately the seller was happy to use Aus. Post instead and I went ahead with the purchase. Probably doesn't answer your question though, sorry!

Message 76 of 323
Latest reply

Sometimes they'll write it in the description. I've bought from a few large volume sellers who stated they use Fastway, TOLL or something I can't remember, or Aust Post, depending on the buyers location. I figured they were catering for everyone by having multiples. Other times you find out when they leave a card. My one and only Fastway delivery, which was SOD, was left propped against the front door, in full view of the street.

Message 77 of 323
Latest reply

Good point stawks.   Most sellers do not even admit to using couriers of any description.  It is only when the item is carded by a courier that you find out that they have not used the delivery service that has been shown in the listing.

Message 78 of 323
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Sometimes they'll write it in the description. I've bought from a few large volume sellers who stated they use Fastway, TOLL or something I can't remember, or Aust Post, depending on the buyers location. I figured they were catering for everyone by having multiples. Other times you find out when they leave a card. My one and only Fastway delivery, which was SOD, was left propped against the front door, in full view of the street.

The last item they tried to deliver to me the item never even showed up.  They claimed there was no-one home and that they'd left a card, but someone had been home all day that day, and there was nothing in the letter box.  No idea where the package ended up! Fortunately the store refunded me for the item.

Message 79 of 323
Latest reply

while we're whinging about fastway - i bought something from a company recently and they used UPS from the US and then UPS contract Fastway to deliver some packages once in australia. the items came in two seperate packages. the tracking showed the items had been delivered "authority to leave - left at front door" on a saturday at 5pm - which i found extremely unlikely considering i'd been home at the time. 

contacted fastway and spoke with an international call centre - they said "too bad, the items have been delivered as per the tracking." i went crazy at them, posted negative reviews on all the sites i could to find that everyone had the same sorts of experiences. had to contact the company who kindly resent some of the same items to me. 

the following friday, 6 days later, i came home from the shops and the first two packages which had been "delivered" the previous saturday were resting against my front door. would never buy from any company that uses them again if i can avoid it. 

had the added trouble then of sorting out the issue with the company i purchased from since i now had two lots of orders arriving from them. absolute nightmare. 

Message 80 of 323
Latest reply