Problems with sending messages with the EBAY phone App

I have recently had trouble with the Ebay App, in particular, the message function in the app on my Android phone.

This has cause a buyer to leave negative feedback on my perfect feedback score of 5 years on EBAY due to the fact he never received my correspondence.  

I contacted customer service who told me that I was in the wrong and never responded to the buyer and the customer service phone operator was reluctant to investigate the issue, and was quite condescending in his tone.  He claims there is nothing wrong with Ebay's system.

I think these problems need to be addressed.  It would be surprised if I am the only one having these issues

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Problems with sending messages with the EBAY phone App

I've personally not had any issues with the app in that respect. Does yours need an update? I know sometimes logging out and logging back in can fix some things. I did have to reinstall the app a few months ago because there were a few things that stopped working (like notifications). Reinstalling took care of the few issues I was having.

In regards to the feedback, I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to let it get to you. Looking at the rest of your feedback, you have an impeccable record, both as a buyer and a seller. If anyone does bother to look at your feedback before buying, they will see that. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Problems with sending messages with the EBAY phone App

Thanks for the response.  I have not tried resinstalling the app on the phone.  However, I find that it is not very user friendly and it is unreliable so I will just get rid of it and continue using the mobile site.

I have rectified the customer so that is all good now.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply