Promotions - SKIPPED LISTINGS

Are people still having trouble with Promotions? When I create a new sale and add listings to it most of them get SKIPPED. What's happening? I reported this to ebay before, useless as usuall as they told me it's a technical problem being looked into by developers. This was over two months ago. What's wrong with these people??

What do others do? How do you create functional sales at the moment? Markdown manager no longer allows creation of new listings.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Promotions - SKIPPED LISTINGS

I agree.
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

This is insanity. Why does eBay care if we put sales up at any rate? I just listed an item so I can't make it part of the promotion that I already have for 14 days?... smh Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Because of this new rule on markdown selling "skipped items" I look like a liar to my customers when I say ALL SHOES are 50% off & cant mark them all down. Thanks ebay!

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Its a fact; Many sellers bump existing prices prior to creating markdowns.  

We may Bump it up say 20% for example, so rather than creating a sale at 30% off,  you call it 50% Off.  Why Not?   

So my question to eEbay is, What's the point of making the seller Wait 7 Days to be able to then Add the listing to a Markdown Promo?

This is Only another attempt to Control the 3PS with these new policies and "updates".

Last I checked, America is Still a Free Market Society.  Sellers can set their prices at Whatever the Market will Bear.

Having to Pre-plan our Sale Promos Now a Week in Advance is a ridiculous Hoop to make us have to jump thru.

Not to mention, Hurts the buying community in long run, because they can't find the sale price, bcuz its Not There for another week, so They Wait TOO.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Hey eBay, Wake Up! This skipped listing "improvement" you made to markdown manager doesn't just make sellers wait 7 days....

When you Selectively Suppress Store Promo Sale items this Hurts the Buying Community.

Your are Forcing Buyers to either Pay the higher retail price Or unknowingly wait up to one additional week to be able to purchase these items at their Seller Marked Sale Prices.
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

You've posted on the Australian boards so policies may be different between us.

Welcome Down Under.................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@efashion4less wrote:

Its a fact; Many sellers bump existing prices prior to creating markdowns.  

We may Bump it up say 20% for example, so rather than creating a sale at 30% off,  you call it 50% Off.  Why Not?   

So my question to eEbay is, What's the point of making the seller Wait 7 Days to be able to then Add the listing to a Markdown Promo?

This is Only another attempt to Control the 3PS with these new policies and "updates".

Last I checked, America is Still a Free Market Society.  Sellers can set their prices at Whatever the Market will Bear.

Having to Pre-plan our Sale Promos Now a Week in Advance is a ridiculous Hoop to make us have to jump thru.

Not to mention, Hurts the buying community in long run, because they can't find the sale price, bcuz its Not There for another week, so They Wait TOO.

I fail to see how 'America is still a free market society' has anything to do with Australia (as padi said) or eBay.

If you don't like their policies, then you can always go elsewhere. You certainly have more choices of viable platforms than we do. I do 'sympathise' with you, though. Imagine having to plan a week ahead when running a business. Quelle horreur!

As far as inflating prices in order to put them on 'special', regardless of the legalities it is unconscionable conduct. Nor is a sale a sale if it is perpetual.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

It would be nice that when you're setting up a promotion that ebay would only display items that are eligible for you to put on sale.....at least you would know before making the promotion.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

I think these challenges may be related to the type of promotion you create. Here's why:

• When I tried to use the promotion category "Sale + Markdown", all 14 of the items I selected were "skipped".
  • However, when I created another promotion under "order discount", it allowed me to list the same 14 items. 

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Off topic, but why are you subscribing to a store when you are a new seller and will be limited in the amount of listings you can have?

Most members here will say that a store is only viable if you have over 100 listings and a good sell-through rate.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply