Punitive policy, unfixable defects, Paypal payments compromised

Have been on eBay 13 years, 100% feed back, have had my paypal payments put on hold for 21 days, customers will not tolerate waiting, no money no sale, anyhow I now know my payment portal, Paypal, is not secure. All because I wrongly said I was out of stock, should have clicked customer request as they ordered the wrong items. 4 days and thousands of words fell on deaf ears, some items going back to March 15, about 9 items, i.e. 2.05% out of $40,000 in sales. They say that killing my business is helping me! Who in their right mind would write such a dumb policy?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Punitive policy, unfixable defects, Paypal payments compromised

So you made a mistake and now you are complaining because ebay are doing exactly what they said they would do in those circumstances.

Why is it killing your business? You have the money, you just don't have access to it. If you count yourself as a business then you should have enough cash flow to mean you have the funds already available and clear in Paypal or you have withdrawn sufficient funds that you can use for postage etc until the more recent deposits clear.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Relying on the proceeds of each sale to cover the delivery costs of that sale is no way to run a business.  Your buyer has paid and you have confirmation that the money has been received, you should ship without delay to the buyer.  If you were running a bricks and mortar business you wouldn't start the day with nothing in the till, you'd have a float to use to make change from the start of trading.  And you wouldn't make credit card customers wait until their funds have cleared to your bank account before letting them leave the shop.  eBay is not ruining your business, they are taking reasonable measures to ensure your customer can receive a refund if it proves necessary.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The point is that until money is received, no sale has been made. Customers will not wait 21 days, nor would I expect them 2, I had to cancel all sales and do refund at customers request. Because items that are a problem to eBay, and go back 12 months, are not fixable according to ebay. The latest is that eBay is not renewing listings, by the time my 1 month punishment is up there will not be many left. HOW is that not killing my business? They took their fees, about $576, this month they will get $22 ! Just does not make sence to me. Maybe eBay has problems world wide, introducing new policys has had negative effects that hopefully will be addressed. After 13 years with 100% feed back why crucify a good feed earner?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Not you or eBay are aware of my financial situation, I guess ebay has had big problems that they are trying to address. After 35 years in business, 13 years on ebay, 20 years on the web, I will not be treated as a mug, I should retire anyway and enjoy the few years left.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Here's just one thread (of many) about the 21 day hold.

http://tinyurl.com/juk8u6s

If any of your money's still being held, here's where it needs to be reported

http://www.fos.org.au

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

when you sign up to sell/buy on ebay you sign up to all their rules, there are plenty of other threads pointing out differences between ebay and the real world. like australian law doesnt give a buyer of secondhand items a money back garantee but ebay does.

no matter how loud you cry foul it wont change ebays rules, you either go along with them or close your account and go somewhere else, ebay doesnt care.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply