Question for folks who sell internationally

Just wondering if folks who sell overseas have much go 'missing'. Thinking abou opening up to sell OS but being small untracked letter items I am just wondering how much I am likely to loose! 

Thanks for your time. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I have been selling internationally since 2002

.Mostly things go smoothly and really well,,I have had only 3 instances 'Of 

Buyer saying item was not delivered.

.Netherlands Belgium  and UK.All had tracking

.The Belgium and Netherlands parcels got as far as the countries customs and just dissapeard,,Ebay refunded the payments to the buyers.

The Uk one was delivered but Ebay gave the money back..

Apart from these 3 I have posted to many countries some months I have only had international buyers,I have  posted to Spain and Chili and Russia with no problems at all.

All Items are with tracking..I wouldnt send anything without tracking.

Most of my buyer s have been UK or USA,

But ones listed are the only ones I have problems with.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

The other problem with Canada as a postage destination is that, from what I've heard, tracking does not show up in the Canadian postal system.

Apparently they stopped INBOUND tracking a couple of years ago.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Going by the condition of the stamps on their mail tp Australia, one of the reasons for Canada's slow mail is an inordinate delay in their mail processing centres, while they run each and every letter back and forth through their line cancelling machines, 6 or 7 times.

And then do it again, just to be on the safe side.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@joztamps - Having lived there for 2.5 years, I would agree with that statement!

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I send 100's of DVD's a month overseas  by airmail Letter rate  (no tracking ) about 3% get lost or take a long time to be delivererd .New Zealand is the worst place on earth for mail deliveries sometimes taking a month!  I happy to wear the losses as tracked airmail  parcel rate is way too expensive and i would not be able to compete

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply