RECOVERING GOODS NOT RETURNED AND NOT PAID FOR IN VICTORIA

Sold USED 40+ yo furniture for PICK in original condition (i.e. no modifications) - with many photos of wear and tear - on arrival purchaser invoked 'not as described' and said there was more damage than shown in photos - I also contact ebay to report the buyers bullying tactics - after a long process ebay (as everyone told me would happen) awarded in the buyers favour and told me to return the $3,000 and collect the goods (1,700kms away).  I contact the buyer and he says ebay says he can keep all the goods because he paid $1,000 in freight (the lounge was, in his email valued at $2,000 and the table & 6 chairs at $1,000) - effectively giving the goods for free.  Surely this is theft as he hasn't actually paid for the goods and will not return them (he is using the lounge an told us intends to sell then table).  I advised ebay that the buyer will not return the goods - the email response from them is unreadable - and they have since withdrawn the money from my bank account.  Does anyone know of  a law firm out there with experience dealing with ebay that can help with this?  Also has A Current Affair or similar ever done a report on how vulnerable sellers are in this market?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: RECOVERING GOODS NOT RETURNED AND NOT PAID FOR IN VICTORIA

Yes, it is strange. She said that BOTH the buyer AND eBay told her that.

Message 42 of 48
Latest reply

Wow wee - thank you !!!

Message 43 of 48
Latest reply

Just to add - this whole thing seems like a well thought out swindle. Not many buyers would have been able to achieve what they have without some serious thought on how to get away with it.

Message 44 of 48
Latest reply

Well hello, just to let you know - Ebay has decided to offer a one time settlement of this situation, which I am reluctantly accepting to clear my plate, but it bugs me that this could happen to someone else.  Also the table and chairs have been relisted $799.00 (using some of my photos!) so much for it being useless! Thank you all for your help, wishing you all the best for the coming festive season.

Message 45 of 48
Latest reply

I was just thinking of this today.

Does the settlement cover your loss completely?

Message 46 of 48
Latest reply

Yes - I have never returned the original amount (sale less fees).

Message 47 of 48
Latest reply

can we have item # for table & chairs, please?

Does ebay know he's listed them?

Message 48 of 48
Latest reply