Re postage where has the option for 500 g ebay bag & 3kg bag gone?

Hi where has the option for ebay bags disapered too? None of the option given suit my parcels any clues?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Re postage where has the option for 500 g ebay bag & 3kg bag gone?

Yes use the old ebay satchel and you have a 5kg limit as well. The 500g is small and the 3kg is large.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

I agree. Now there is no reduced fee Ebay postage. I have had to hike up all my postage costs to $10 to cover what was once $7.55 now being a MINIMUM of $8.65. (Because rememebr we still have to pay fees on our postage!) It's not a huge amount but still has to be covered. It's really detrimental to the small light items, but it does work in your favour for small heavy items (up to 5kg now).

I will continue to use the Ebay packaging as still so easy to pop it in one of those bags and print at home. 

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

I'm still so confused. The cheapest rate on ebay is $8.55. Then add on the cost of the box / bag & packaging tthe item is sent in? But I now can send upto 5kg in a small box if it will fit? 

Good news for bulkm booksellers. Just when I was thinking of clearing my bookshelves prior to moving! Down side is I've a lot of glassware & other smalls that will also need to bulk up too!? 

Just doulble checking that I can send a small box for $855 as long as it's under 5kg?! 

Everyone gets heavy parcels for Xmas! Does the rule work for England too? I was sending rellies a gift next week.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

I'm still so confused. The cheapest rate on ebay is $8.55. Then add on the cost of the box / bag & packaging tthe item is sent in? But I now can send upto 5kg in a small box if it will fit? 

Good news for bulkm booksellers. Just when I was thinking of clearing my bookshelves prior to moving! Down side is I've a lot of glassware & other smalls that will also need to bulk up too!? 

Just doulble checking that I can send a small box for $855 as long as it's under 5kg?! 

Everyone gets heavy parcels for Xmas! Does the rule work for England too? I was sending rellies a gift next week.

The ebay charge varies a bit - but yes you can send up to 5kg in a small Aust Post Bx1 box for the flat rate -  also at Aust Post site for $8.95.

Does not apply to international postage.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Aus Post have really tried to pull the wool over everyones eyes with this latest pricing policy.

They give with one hand by allowing up to 5kg in any of the packaging but then they sneakily take with the other:

While the 5kg limit will benefit some like booksellers, the volume constraints still apply for most sellers.

(even for books, the satchel sizes mean there is no real advantage to be gained given new pricing - see below)

The satchel prices have all move up one level ie a 1kg is now priced where a 3kg was 2 rises ago. Ditto the 3kg which is now priced like a 5kg was and the 5kg is now near $3 dearer than it used to be 2 rises back.

They've also imposed a remote service penalty by not discounting significantly for any rural parcels.

This is a sneaky way around the terms of their charter to deliver an equal cost service to all parts of Australia.

As it is though, AP have now priced themselves well above the market in the main trunk routes (large and same cities).

They don't even get close to courier pricing until you hit max discounting on MyPost Business accounts on these routes.

If AP are not careful, they will find their profitability eroded as they are left to service remote locations while their opposition gets the cream.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Yep, I can often send items cheaper with couriers please on transdirect or sendle.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

Have you considered that a lot of buyers do not like courier deliveries?

While you may be happy to save some money by using couriers you may well find that you will lose your buyer base if they find couriers inconvenient.

You could try offering both and let the buyer decide......if they are willing to pay a surcharge for Australia Post delivery then so be it.

If you arbitrarily use a courier and the buyer is upset you will very soon find the buyers will disappears after making their feelings known in feedback.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Have you considered that a lot of buyers do not like courier deliveries?

While you may be happy to save some money by using couriers you may well find that you will lose your buyer base if they find couriers inconvenient.

You could try offering both and let the buyer decide......if they are willing to pay a surcharge for Australia Post delivery then so be it.

If you arbitrarily use a courier and the buyer is upset you will very soon find the buyers will disappears after making their feelings known in feedback.

That really seems to be affecting Amazon greatly.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Amazon couriers deliver to my PO Box (unlike some others) - and as long as they keep doing so, i'll keep using them.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Then Amazon must be using StarTrack.....they are owned by Australia Post and are the only courier who can deliver to PO boxes and Parcel Lockers.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply