Recent changes to Ebay and my sales have almost come to a stop

With the recent changes to Ebay: Ebay premium service and so on, my sales have halted dramatically. I am a Top Rated Powerseller, but I'm hardly getting any sales or even watchers anymore. I have noticed when searching on particular items to check where my listings stand in 'Best Match' that new sellers or listings with no sales are ahead of me, which wasn't the case before the changes. It seems that not a lot of sellers have made the changes to premium service as I thought this might be the reason. Has anyone else noticed the same?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Recent changes to Ebay and my sales have almost come to a stop

Hi, if its one thing ive learnt in business, never put all your eggs in one basket.  We have been using ebay for around 12 years, but noticed a progressive decline over the years.   I have three stores, one which runs exceptionally well, and the other two which are up and down, but overall worthwhile.  We set up our own websites from scratch over the last two years, and used in conjuction with our real shop and ebay, find the overall result very effective.  We are always busy, even if one or two of the avenues quieten.  So I would recommend anyone to look beyond just ebay - there are many more options out there these days.  But I wouldnt be without it either, they all work well together!

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

My bet is that selling with another ID will be next to go,all they have to do there is put a fee on listings and thats all over as well.

Just my thoughts,but then again I hope I am wrong...................

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

I must say my sales have died right down too and I am now a premium seller.  I have yet to see any advantages from that however.  Also, because the postage has been factored into the price of the item for sale to go the free post option, my selling fee is higher, ie. when I make a sale.  I am considering whether there is any benefit in remaining a premium seller.

Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

Mysteriously, my search results in Best Match have gone back to where they were prior to the changes - rating well and visibly.  Had a normal day instead of a quiet day yesterday but I'm yet to see if sales will now recover - here's hoping.  I don't know if the little Ebay gremlins have been sorting out some issues or what has happened.  The only action I took in the last week was to end about a quarter of my listings and change them to either 7 days or 30 days instead of good 'til cancelled.  The mix of my listings now rating well include both Ebay premium and regular listings - Ebay premium still doesn't seem to give top billing or priority in search results.

Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

@betonybay wrote:

I must say my sales have died right down too and I am now a premium seller.  I have yet to see any advantages from that however.  Also, because the postage has been factored into the price of the item for sale to go the free post option, my selling fee is higher, ie. when I make a sale.  I am considering whether there is any benefit in remaining a premium seller.

I have no listings out of 800ish that comply with premium. Nor will I ever. My sales are average over the last few months. YTD this October has already surpassed last October, with 19 days to go.

Try not to get sucked into eBay's paradigm.

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

I thought I would email them again to complain to try and get a positive result and below is there reply,there is no way this Replyl is from someone in Australia.Meanwhile my sales are still in freefall I am on track to go from 160 sales last month down to 40 this month...

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that you are disappointed with this new eBay program.

I too am a seller, though mine is just small compared to yours, I do make sure that I make good in every transaction.

Please know that we do this for the good of the whole eBay community. I understand how you feel, but we still hope that you’ll continue transacting with us.

Thanks for your time.

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

Yes yayyy so have mine. I had sent numerous emails to eBay and also rang them as my sales had dropped when it all changed and as of  today I am now showing up higher on the search rankings. I think it has finally sorted itself out 🙂

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

Hmmm! Yes over the weekend our listings have mysteriously returned to maybe 80% of what they were before Sept 17th.

I sent a lengthy letter to ebay about all these problems last week but have not herad a peep back. In the letter I asked them to pass my letter up to management. Perhaps that is why.

But somehow after that letter we seem to be on the improve again.

Here's hoping it continues to get better.

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

Yes eBay are full of **bleep** worst sales in 5 yrs since mid September too maybe I should close account not worth it now
Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

I'm in the process of setting up my own Website to run side by side for a while to see what happens. I was talking to my Web Host this morning & was told that since Ebays changes their business has gone through the roof & almost all of their Competitors are reporting the same. It seems a GREAT many Sellers are either doing the same as I am or pulling out of Ebay altogether. I personally don't know what to think. I'm not sure if Ebay has lost it's way in the real world or what others are saying is true in that they no longer want small Australian Sellers. A LOT of Buyers are commenting too about finding it harder & harder to find the better quality items on offer from local Sellers & how they are sick of being ripped off by overseas Fly By Nighters who, after peddling their rubbish are nowhere to be found when the customer finds he/she has been sold an inferior product or copy.

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply