Reporting Members - Unfair Negative

Hi Sellers

I am trying to report an unfair negative from a buyer - I am getting a message saying "we are making some updates and will be back soon".  Anyone now how long this update has been going on?  And will the updates finally favour Sellers?

Incidentally, I am following this buyer with Private Feedback who received a 150% refund (I compensated for incovenience as well, silly me) on a well packed item, and refused to pursue damage with Aussie Post which would have given them another 100% refund on the total paid.

It really stings that someone thinks I can't pack my lunch. Woman Happy Think I might go back to bed

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Reporting Members - Unfair Negative

edited to say reply is for stable05

I have private feedbak.   Dodgy buyer, eh?  One neg given here.

And that neg was for not waterproofing a paper product.   It was ruined and I had

waited years to find one.

I repeat, I would have negged you, just from sheer disappointment.

It cannot have been wrapped sufficiently IMO

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Hmm. This is re the cat collar.

I can see where you are coming from in that as a seller, you did all the right things-you sent the collar quickly, well packaged etc

But for me (looking at this from the point of view of a buyer) that feedback would be just the sort of thing I would be interested to know.

If another buyer stated it didn't seem to make any difference, it didn't seem to work well compared to some other products such as the spray, then that is exactly the information I would want to know.

The product isn't living up to its claim.

If I were a buyer, that sort of feedback would not turn me off the seller at all but it may dissuade me from buying the actual product, that is true.

Springy, I would have thought as a former seller you would know that the feedback system is to rate the seller and their performance. It's NOT for product review (even though some buyers use it as that). If buyers want to know how others feel about a product, there are dedicated sites for that, e.g. product review.

If I look at a sellers feedback I want to see if they are reliable, in that they post quickly, pack effectively, communicate well and see how they respond to any negs they may have. It's up to me to research the product I'm buying.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

*tippy*toes* wrote

Springy, I would have thought as a former seller you would know that the feedback system is to rate the seller and their performance. It's NOT for product review (even though some buyers use it as that). If buyers want to know how others feel about a product, there are dedicated sites for that, e.g. product review.

If I look at a sellers feedback I want to see if they are reliable, in that they post quickly, pack effectively, communicate well and see how they respond to any negs they may have. It's up to me to research the product I'm buying.

If a seller is selling a product that does not work or carpy in anyway it is a direct reflection on that seller. 

Same applies if the products some one sells are of high quality and exceed buyer expectations. 

It is the responsibiity of the seller to NOT make false claims about what goods may do.  

whilst they may post fast and be great packer - if they are lie or mislead about the product they are selling that is not satisfactory seller performance and a buyer should be able to comment on that.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

I understand where you are coming from, tippy.

But I don't see feedback as only that.

One of the questions  (if I recall) is-is the product as described.

Sure, I want to know if a seller is reliable. I expect them to be. I expect reasonable communication & timely send out as a matter of course with any business.

But I also want to know about the product & I think it is fair enough for a buyer to say a product did not work well for them.

In this case about the cat collar or whatever it was, as a buyer, all I would take from that feedback is the product was honestly described in that it was a commercial product made for that purpose but it didn't work for that particular buyer.

As a buyer, that is the sort of objective info that is useful to me. I know sellers may not like it but as far as I am concerned, I do want to know about the products too. If something is flimsy, I want to know, if it didn't work well, I want to know.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply