Request for return from buyer, but my description and photos were accurate.

Hi, had my first request (in twenty plus years) for a return yesterday based on 'not as described', but the item and photos were exactly as described. Involves an R.M. Williams box from a deceased estate. I clearly stated the logo was in gold print, with photos to match. Buyer has claimed a return based on the fact the logo wasn't metal and didn't have any horns etc., Metal was never mentioned in my description, only 'gold print logo', with an extremely clear photo of the top of the box. Buyer supplied a small photo of the metal logo and clearly not what I was offering for sale, so why bid and then complain? I have no issue accepting a return, if it is my fault, this clearly is not, but seems the buyer is always right. Can anyone advise who I contact at eBay to challenge this - as I said I will happily refund, but feel it unfair when I definitely did not state anything about a metal logo? Many thanks and Happy Easter to all.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Request for return from buyer, but my description and photos were accurate.

Found it in a drawer.

20240329_122823.jpg

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Request for return from buyer, but my description and photos were accurate.

@domino-710 wrote:

Found it in a drawer.

20240329_122823.jpg

Ah, great, clear photo. I can see that that is some sort of metal.

But I am wondering what planet the buyer came from if he thought the logo on the box was metal. It looked nothing like that and the description even said gold printing.

I know it wasn't a major purchase item but you'd think a buyer would at least look carefully at the photos (and description too, if they have any sense) before buying.

Good luck, mitzi, with the return. At least you'll be able to resell it with the correct description next time around.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply