Request for return from buyer, but my description and photos were accurate.

Hi, had my first request (in twenty plus years) for a return yesterday based on 'not as described', but the item and photos were exactly as described. Involves an R.M. Williams box from a deceased estate. I clearly stated the logo was in gold print, with photos to match. Buyer has claimed a return based on the fact the logo wasn't metal and didn't have any horns etc., Metal was never mentioned in my description, only 'gold print logo', with an extremely clear photo of the top of the box. Buyer supplied a small photo of the metal logo and clearly not what I was offering for sale, so why bid and then complain? I have no issue accepting a return, if it is my fault, this clearly is not, but seems the buyer is always right. Can anyone advise who I contact at eBay to challenge this - as I said I will happily refund, but feel it unfair when I definitely did not state anything about a metal logo? Many thanks and Happy Easter to all.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Everyone, I will go ahead with the return purely because it seems it may not be R.M. Williams, so I made the error in not checking and in trusting the owner of the box. A valuable lesson learned. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Just a question - are you sure it is indeed an R.M. Williams box. ??

Given - the Barrington CoA - could it possibly be a Texas Longhorn.

images (3).jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Would agree not RM Williams

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Agreed, it's not RM Williams

Did the buyer send you a photo that was 'suppose' to be what you sent, OR a photo that showed an RM Williams logo ?

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Hi, not sure at all, as did this for a mate who was clearing an estate and was advised R.M. Williams. Buyer certainly didn't ask before the sale closed, so he must have assumed the same. Cheers.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Thank you.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for your reply. No, the buyer sent a very small image of a metal head which is the identical shape to the logo on my box, but seems from replies above, both myself and the buyer don't recognise the R.M. Williams logo. Many thanks.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Still think it's not R.M. - the horns are different as are the placement of the ears.

images (4).jpeg

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Still think it's not R.M. - the horns are different as are the placement of the ears.

Ah but Dom, "the ayes have it"................

"retreats to safe room..................."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

That's not a bull's eye

*pushes panic button 

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply