Return help

I'm hoping someone can give me advice regarding a return.

The buyer opened a return on Oct 31st before they even received the item (see below).

Reason for return- Ordered by mistake
Comments- Hi, someone has gone to my Paypal, and Ebay account and ordered these stuff. i ve talked to paypal to secure my account about to refund money and i will return your item back. The item hasn t arrives to me yet but just let you know that i will return it when i received.

Despite my reservations as to the validity of their claim. I agreed to the return.

The return 'tracking' only shows that I've agreed to the return and provided a return address. There is no update where the buyer has stated he's returned the item (see below).

Here's what happened
01 Nov
You provided return information

01 Nov
You approved the request

31 Oct
The buyer (blank) created a return (5068057664)

Now today I receive this

Blank indicated that they posted their return. The item should now be delivered and once you've received it please issue the buyer with a refund by 11 Dec, 2017.

When the refund is complete, you'll automatically receive a credit for the final value fee and other applicable fees.

To see more information about this return you can go to the return details.

Issue refund

If the item hasn't arrived yet, the buyer may not be returning it. If you like, you can contact the buyer. If you can't reach a resolution, you can ask us to step in. Learn more.

I have not received the returned item.
Should I wait until Dec 11 then ask eBay to step in? Or just leave it all unrresolved?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Return help

Just leave it, if the buyer does not return the items, the return request will eventually time out.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Return help

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Don't issue the refund until you receive the item....if it has not arrived by the 11th just let ebay know that it has not arrived.

Don't ask ebay to step in before it is absolutely necessary as they tend to immediately issue a refund which you do not want until the item has arrived back to you.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Return help

Under mo circumstances ask ebay to step in or contact them. I had a similar scenario happen to me. My buyer used the item, then tried to claim damaged in post.Buyer never uploaded return tracking. I never recieved the returned item. Ebay pushed the dates back a couple of times. Eventually the return request timed out... but it took over 30 days. 

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Return help

Thanks for your tips. I'll just let it time out and take no action unless forced to by eBay.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply