Revenge feedback and eBay policy loopholes

I have been the victiom of revenge feedback by a very nasty and decptive eBay member.

I have reported the full thing to eBay and they say they will take action, but the only way I could get rid of the unwarranted revenge feedback was to cancell the sale I made and refund the money to the vengefull buyer.

I would have loved to have kept the money, knowing that she could not pick-up. She lives in another part of the country.

The negative feedback will take 24 to 48 hours to be removed from my profile.

Will eBay actually do anything about this?

Should I use this forum to name and shame the eBay member?

Is there an eBay policy against this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Don't use the same account to buy and sell.

No, you can't name and shame.

Has eBay's timeframe for removal expired? If not, why not wait until you know whether or not they are true to their word?

If you had kept the money, you would be guilty of theft. All you could have kept would have been reasonable costs.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I got played big time!

She worked all that out before she did me.

Who does that?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Did the buyer tell you she could not pick up the item?

Just because they do not live in your state does not mean they could not pick it up, because it is *possible* they were going to be in your area for work/visiting family/re-locating etc

Unless they are fibbing in their feedback that you would not give them a pick up time

As there is obviously more to the story(which is none of my beeswax), I can't say if ebay will do as they said they would or not 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

She had no intention of picking the items up. She was relying on eBay buyer protection to get her money money back after she finished planning me.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hopefully you now have her on your blocked bidders list so she does not do the same again

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

She has two eBay identities I know about, who knows how many more she has.

Hopefully one revenge is enough for her.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

OK i get i now, the one you reported to Ebay, did this to get revenge on you, wow talk about harbouring a grudge.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yes and the loophole she exploited means I can do close to nothing about it. Just cop it sweet and wear it.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Dont stress about the negative feedback, Ebay have changed that and no longer affects your seller status, what does effect it is seller defects ie delivery not on time, or no stock, ect Use the call me feature in the Ebay phone help contact, gets the best results ie negs removed, disputes resovled ect.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply