S HOULD THIS PERSON BE BANNED

Hi I sold a clock to REMOVED ,not working as is , he had the clock and decided he didn't want it , as it was rusty workings and had a crack in the back of the case,,so he says.  the ad had photos which he could see , I sent a reply stating that the clock only needed a good clean by a jeweller and it was sold as not working and i was not liable for refunding as he didn't read my ad properly,

Now he wants the $150 he paid for courier to be refunded and is sending me threatening and abusive emails also using the f word and more, he is a very rude person and now I have blocked him from sending any more of his rubbish I think thats all I can do , by the way he didn't return the clock as he said he was going tobut he still wanted a refund  any comments what do you think  k&k

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: S HOULD THIS PERSON BE BANNED

Hi Kath, interesting - I'd make a point of telling eBay that when you speak to them (and make sure you do Smiley Happy).  I could be quite wrong on this and will happily stand corrected, but I have a suspicion that if the buyer arranged Pick Up you might stand a better chance of winning the case - I've not found myself in your situation so am not speaking from personal experience, just something that seems to be tucked away in the old gray matter that I've read on the boards  Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

You are right mb.....if an item is listed as pickup only the buyer is not supposed to be able to claim that it is not as described.  The fact that the buyer arranged for it to be picked up means that ebay considers it to have been inspected and the buyer is happy with it.

Make sure you point out to whoever you speak to that it was a pickup only item.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

hi and thank you will keep it in mind  kath

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

hi i reckon you're right kath
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

thanks for support ,haven't gone any further, this person decided he didn't want to return the goods and cancelled out his complaint so Paypal told me ,I wasn't going to refund without return of goods so I'm going any further     bye Kath

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

I wondered about that too I reckon a try on, wanted clock and refund plus $150 for courier.well he didn't get either and he has the clock which is what he bought thanks for your comments Kath
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Hi I won the dispute and kept the cash as he didn't return the clock as it was sent to him,,I reckon it was a try on [who would pay $150 for courier]
and probably took the clock apart and couldn't put it back together something like that ,, it was a nasty business glad its finished regards kath
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

thank you for your input , well the person himself closed the dispute so I guess you could say I won . The thing is he was supposed to return it in the same condition as I had it , he didn't do that I wonder why could it be he had stripped it down or broke something and couldn't return in same condition I shall never know but it was the worst sale I have ever had in all my life and I was stupid enough to give positive feedback ,, such is life my regards to you Kath
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply