SHAME ON YOU EBAY!! For stealing people's money....

absolutely disgusted by ebays lack of process and consistency.     Had one buyer open a case because the item was still in transit then escalated it.    Of course ebay gave refund.  3 days later the tracking showed the item delivered.  We opened an appeal but ebay claims that they can not refund because the case was closed!!!     I asked them where does it say in your policy that you can not grant the appeal on that reason.   There was no reply!!  outrages much!!.

This is all the info found about appeals on ebay; " Here's what we found for "Appealing a decision on a case as a seller"

If you're unhappy with a decision on a case, you can appeal within 30 days of the case being closed.

You'll need to provide new information in your appeal, which may include:

Tracking details showing the buyer received the item. If the item sold for more than $750, signature confirmation is required.
Photos and/or documents showing the item matches the listing description
Proof the buyer received a refund before the case was closed"
Copied from your site.

No use trying to contact ebay as all you get is different agent from phil who will give you generic responses.

Ebay post estimated postage times generically.  They do not correspond to reality at all.  Each country is different.   While some services get to UK or USA in 10day  , others need more than 4 weeks due to poor customs service.  We advised them of that and ebay’s response was that the dates are set by Australia Post, not them.   Its an absolute nightmare each time a parcel does not get there within the time ebay estimated,  it is deemed late.  Or buyers assign blame to us not knowing that we do not post these date nor we have any control over them.    Long story short ebay post estimated dates and when parcels not delivered by these date they make the sellers pay for it.  God forbid should  ebay take responsibility for anything.!!

Enjoy ebay your monopoly in the market.  It won’t last for ever!  As soon as amazon or a new comers opens up we are so out of there!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: SHAME ON YOU EBAY!! For stealing people's money....

Don't report ebay......report the buyer.  It is the buyer who has broken the law and received goods by deception.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Reporting eBay will get you nowhere and will be a complete waste of your time (and ACORN's). You need to get the money back from the buyer, not eBay.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Shame on a shooting star seller who needs plebs like us to give them pointers.

Points to either a dream run or a lack of care.

Forget that, it is a lack of care about keeping up to date with the pitfalls of online selling.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

eBay is only the third party that has facilitated the fraud and authorised a refund to the buyer.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

lol....i am reporting ebay!

I think that was a joke everyone. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

I thought so, Kopes.      That's why I didn't stick my 2cents in

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

lol....i am reporting ebay!

I think that was a joke everyone. Smiley Wink

Yes I realise the OP was joking.

I however do not think the response the OP has got from eBay is a laughing matter.

Lol, lol eBay refunded my cash to a buyer who got the goods and their money back lol lol

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

They still stealing money. Fraud organisation. They stole my £162.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

@trapeross wrote:

They still stealing money. Fraud organisation. They stole my £162.

Love that you are replying to someone who is no longer a registered user on eBay. If you want to rant, I suggest you go to the UK boards. They might be more receptive to issues in GBP than people in AUSTRALIA who deal in DOLLARS.

Nothing to see here.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

*tippy*toes*, trapeross is registered in the UK, so I imagine s/he landed in this forum without realising it was an Australian eBay board. Why does this happen so frequently? Maybe there's a portal through time and space...

@trapeross, I'm sorry that you have apparently had some bad luck with a sale. You might have better luck posting your predicament on the UK boards... if you give the details of what happened (without naming names). Who knows? You might be able to get a solution.

Unfortunately, the resources available to Australian sellers are different to those that you have. Mind you, there is at least one poster on these boards who does hail from the UK (phorum*junkie) and who might be able to offer some advice - but you need to do more than say "they" (presumably eBay) are "stealing money". You should explain clearly what has happened, what steps you took, what responses you had, etc.

And... this is an old thread, last posted on in 2016...

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply