SOLD items being RE-LISTED

Hi all....I recall reading on the boards during the last few months that some sellers were having problems with SOLD items being RE-LISTED, by eBay....whether a technical glitch, or something to do with the multiple-item clock not working.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have the link to the thread?

It has happened to me several times now, and I am still going through my listings....unable to work it out

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: SOLD items being RE-LISTED

I had a spate late last year, but nothing since.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

I had one about 2 weeks ago. It was an auction item and when the buyer left a bid, I thought the photo looked familiar (and not one that should have been active). I searched absolutely everywhere possible, and that item could not be found. I went through my records, I had a sale date of 2015. 2015

I contacted the buyer and she was really good about it. I told her to have a look through my other listings, and gave her all my selling IDs and said to pick something and I would sell it to her at 50% off. There was less than 12 hours to go on the auction, so I couldn't cancel the bid, so had to let it go through. Thankfully, when I sent the cancellation request, she accepted it nearly straight away. She didn't end up asking for any of my other items.

Interestingly, the item she bid on was probably one of the ugliest items I had in that category, but obviously it appealed to her. I really wish eBay would stop doing this shyt! I have no choice but to go through all my items and see whether the active listings are still in stock. I have better things to do with my time. This is the 5th or 6th time this has happened, and it's starting to really pish me off.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Bogus at best....and sellers are picking up the slack...fed up with the 'glitches'
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
Bogus at best....and sellers are picking up the slack...fed up with the 'glitches'

You and me both. Thankfully my buyers have been very understanding. One left me a neutral feedback, which was fair enough, the others just moved on. I'm sick of it. 

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

I am in Australia and it is happening to me more and more, so not just the US.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

It happens 'every so often'....tried to work it out....gave up.

All I can suggest is that you message your buyer with apologies and send them a link to one of the many threads, concerning this....that's what I do....disappointment on their part, but no defects, so far 🤔

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply