Sales Coupon/Voucher

Hello all,

Please excuse my total ignorance, but how do I set up a sales coupon for a buyer to present at checkout for discount?

many thanks,

Melina

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sales Coupon/Voucher

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You don't Melina.

Vouchers and offers are offered by ebay and paid for by them as well.  The seller gets the full amount of the item while the buyer pays the item cost less the amount paid by ebay.

Some offers are site wide and anyone can use them as long as they qualify.    These are usually a % discount on qualifying purchases.  Other offers are sent to individual members...these are often in the form of vouchers for $10 or $20 of a purchase.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Sales Coupon/Voucher

You must all be asleep, waiting for the Easter Bunny-ess 🙂

i hope its a great and especially safe Easter for you all.

Melina.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You don't Melina.

Vouchers and offers are offered by ebay and paid for by them as well.  The seller gets the full amount of the item while the buyer pays the item cost less the amount paid by ebay.

Some offers are site wide and anyone can use them as long as they qualify.    These are usually a % discount on qualifying purchases.  Other offers are sent to individual members...these are often in the form of vouchers for $10 or $20 of a purchase.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

Ah! Thanks Lyndal 🙂

And, I drove myself a bit sillier looking for it .... ho hum!

G'night 🙂

Melina.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

Good morning Lyndal and all 🙂

I've been thinking 🙂

Is there an alternative? Example....

The auction is over and done. Am I able to send the buyer an amended invoice, including say a 5% discount on price, or am I locked in with the final bid price?

thanks again,

Melina.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

Bad news Melina....you cannot discount the price of the item but you can give a discount up to the value of the postage but no more.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

Ok, many thanks, always Lyndal 🙂

Melina.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

Why give a discount when they've already shown their willingness to pay what they bid? Better to offer them a discount on their next purchase, but only if they wait for an invoice before they pay (and you'll have to take it off the postage).
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

And there's the solution. Thanks Brer 🙂

Without complicating the issue I'm trying to offer my thanks by way of reward  (surprise) to a very good customer who did something quite special for us. There's a bit of background.

Melina.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Sales Coupon/Voucher

Although this won't help you specifically, I just thought I'd mention that it can be done (in a manner of speaking), but only if you have a store as you need access to Promotions Manager. (Basically, you set up a discount either for a certain dollar value or percentage, and can make it so that there is a minimum spend on either order total or quantity purchased, and then a unique URL is generated that can be passed on, it's generally designed for marketing purposes off-eBay, or to give email subscribes a discount etc, but since the seller chooses who to share it with, they can limit its exposure). 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply