Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

tstore
Community Member
Interesting to have heard from other sellers that there have been next to no sales from 28th-1st March. Over last two days just 2 items have sold which is unheard off for us

In addition, we have had more than usual international sales to Europe. I think there is an issue with the eBay servers or have something to do with the Seller Dashboard being upgraded.

Basically eBay taps have been turned off. Interested in other seller's experiences over this weekend?
Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

I had an Aust only item that wasn't even showing in best match or ending soonest (Antique jewellery category) 40 minutes out from auction end on Sunday night 7pm ish. Even with refined searches it wasn't showing (brooches) or auction only as end time neared. Needless to say it went unsold. 

My daughter looked on her ID using various search peramiters & couldn't see the item either! 

Using best match & then ending soonest auction there were lots of replica vintage & vintage style (some that looked to be from misrepresenting location Chinese sellers) but my genuine item was nowhere to be found! I tried searching by maker name (1 item only in Aust) & not mine! All while the listing was active. I maximise my title line for search using appropriate keywords. So where was my listing, & was it able to be viewed?

Something nefarious seems afoot? Item had freepost; I have TRS & PS - still item not seen for people to buy!

Message 11 of 77
Latest reply

I have actually had the worst Feb month for sales on Ebay . Sold less than half of my usual sales.  Does anyone know why this would be? I offer buy it now and best offer. Number of viewing of items have also decreased.  Or maybe it is just a slow month for February as customers are still getting over the holiday season and taken advantage of post Christmas Sales

Message 12 of 77
Latest reply

We have 2x stores.

Sales on one store are more than 80% down, the other is about 25% down. This has all happened in the past week.

Search results on the first one show our items way down the results list and this is always the case when sales take a dive.

So for some reason someone in ebay has been tinkering with this "Best Match" again as they did back in September last year when this same thing happened.

There are those that pooh-pooh Best Match but we can see a direct link between search rankings and our sales volume every time.

We find too when our rankings are low the Chinese sellers come way up to the top. And they don't have anywhere near the ratings we do. Our listings all show the TRS badge.

As I've said before the default search on the web site should be Australia Only so these Chinese sellers don't take priority. The searcher must change the default to World to see them. After all we are ebay Australia aren't we?

Message 13 of 77
Latest reply

My sales have been slow in the last 3days,this is unusual,hope things get better with ebay soon.

Message 14 of 77
Latest reply

the australia only buttons arent working is this a glitch or a policy?

Message 15 of 77
Latest reply

I'm having the same issues and it all comes down to the australia only search catergory not functioning correctly. I don't believe it is a ebay policy issue as the reason for having the australian only search is to allow buyers the choice to buy products from their own country/area so hopefully the glitch will be fixed soon. I have also contacted ebay to find out when the issue will be resolved.

Message 16 of 77
Latest reply

My sales are down 60% on long term avarage, but I am not putting any time on ebay at the moment. ( No new listings for a month or so )  I have been working outside while the weather is nice, but will have to get busy listing soon or sales will stop completly.

Message 17 of 77
Latest reply

as did i and got NO reply this is costing sellers money and NONE of the three filters are working it is the difference in some categories of 40,000 items versus 1000 an answer to this is URGENT and I cannot get one from ebay . If there is an ebay moderator reading this please clarify if this is a glitch which we can weather or a policy change!!!!!!!!?????????

Message 18 of 77
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
eBay reps do not read the forums. This is however quite upsetting and perhaps the reason we are not getting much sales. Our sales are down 80%!!!
Message 19 of 77
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
I have just got off the phone with eBay. I now know why our sales have nose dived so abruptly. Tardigardia is correct that Australia Only listings does not work (you still have OS items displayed after searching). I have also found out that this issue was first reported over a week ago and has not been rectified yet. The eBay technical team is working with no ETA for when it will be fixed.

This has cost Aussie sellers a small fortune ...
Message 20 of 77
Latest reply