Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

tstore
Community Member
Interesting to have heard from other sellers that there have been next to no sales from 28th-1st March. Over last two days just 2 items have sold which is unheard off for us

In addition, we have had more than usual international sales to Europe. I think there is an issue with the eBay servers or have something to do with the Seller Dashboard being upgraded.

Basically eBay taps have been turned off. Interested in other seller's experiences over this weekend?
Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

Sales down to 15% of what they usually are last week. 1 sale so far this week. Spoke to Ebay and they said its because of people saving their $ after coming back from School Holidays...then I read here.

I know Ebay has to 'update' occasionally but Jesus Christ, surely do a sandbox version first and check for bugs, rather than just load us with losses, not to mention the losses Ebay will be copping from their cut from sales...makes me wonder why they are so incompetent at times.

Message 51 of 77
Latest reply

Sales have increased for me and apparently more after they did the best match fix as well...  I can't seem to find a pattern with anyone here except maybe for the OP which happened on the same day.

Message 52 of 77
Latest reply

Well low and behold - the ebay fix it fairy must have been up all last night working lots of overtime, either that or everyone got paid yesterday.

After my gripes yesterday I actually had 7 sales today and 4 last evening and feedback too. That is more than I have had in a week! My best selling days are on the weekend so roll on Saturday Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 77
Latest reply

I might as well throw my insertion fees into a wishing well for all the good listing is doing... Then there's the Grrrr feeling of knowing that if anyone views my listing, their attention will be drawn to "people who viewed this item also viewed..." message. Ho Hum...  Why not just have a scrolling banner saying, "You like this item?  We can recommend a cheaper one, the condition might not be as good and the seller's rating might not be 100% but just follow us."   Yeah, I know it does no good to rant/rave, deep breath.  

Message 54 of 77
Latest reply

Its just these kinda reasons that have us developing our own web site where we won't have these problems.

Message 55 of 77
Latest reply

I have noticed that when people are a bit shy of spending money, I recieve more questions on items. I also have one catagory that is almost immune to ecenomic down turns. After being away for a day I came home to fourteen questions a few nights ago ( a record ) and have been consistently selling the product line that is immune to down turns, when everthing else stops. Last week I had seven sales in a row of this product line to different buyers, but it only represents 20% of my listings. ( even this slowed to a crawl when site issues with Aust. only searches where a problem )  Seems to me the sales slow down is due to a combination of buyers being shy of spending, coupled with ebay site issues. There are state elections in two states and numerous company closure announcments in the last few weeks. ( Holden, Toyota, SPC Admona, one of the major Aluminium producers, large mining services companies employing over 1000 workers etc ).  Sales have picked back up to normal levels over the last couple of days, so heres hoping things are improving.

Message 56 of 77
Latest reply

Everybody's sales and average realised prices on auctions are way down even mum and dad sellers. Non paying bidders are way up. Consumer confidence is at an all time low.
What we're seeing will be known historically as Abbott's Great Depression. How one man destroyed a once properous and thriving nation in 6 months. We need to be talking to the guys in Kiev who know how to get changes made without having to wait another 2.5 years.

You may laugh and scoff and counter argue politics but mark my words. This is the beginning of the Australian gfc a la Budgie smugglers inc.

Message 57 of 77
Latest reply

I'm finding ebay to be very glitchy this weekend, and at other random times, both while listing, searching and trying to access 'my ebay'. it just comes up with that ebay page that says the page cannot be located, or the chrome won't load page pops up, and I have to switch to IE to use ebay. I'm wondering if all chrome users are experiencing these glitches, it might be the cause for some drops in sales, obviously not everyone could be bothered switching to a different browser, just figure the site is down and go elsewhere, because most of the time it's fine.

Message 58 of 77
Latest reply

After a lengthy conversation with CS the other day, they have finally owned up to a site wide problem that will not be fixed until end of April to beginning of May.

They say Mozilla & Chrome updated their browsers on Tuesday and eBay is not compatible with the updates.

Plus there is also a problem for people using IE7 or IE 8 in compatibility mode which started on Feb 6th. Many still use these browser versions.

Feb 6th coincides with the downturn in sales for us.

They say these problems will not be fixed for 90 days as it is a Global eBay problem.

To me it seems more like eBay did an update that isn't compatible with Firefox or Chrome as they are independent of each other & it would be  strange coincidence both browsers did an update on the same day to cause the same problems.

So I guess we can all look forward to pathetic sales until the sort out their stuff ups.......grrrrrrrrr

Not only the above problem but eBay are fiddling with new rollouts which always slow down sales.

I still have the feeling eBay are combining AU items with the rest of the world on purpose in their quest to increase cross border trading.

Sales are still almost nothing.........

Message 59 of 77
Latest reply

Yep our sales are continuing to be down about 60%.

If it goes on this long it will hurt our survivability.

This has been our bread & butter. Guess we may have to change to lard!

Message 60 of 77
Latest reply