Sales have just STOPPED???

Is anyone else experiencing ridiculously slow sales? 

I've been selling here for over 5 years, an average of 10 items per day, every day of the week.  Then suddenly on Saturday, my sales just stopped.  Ebay can't give me an explanation for it, I've changed nothing in my listings or my settings. 

My products are still selling as normal on my other online sites, and my other ebay accounts are also selling as normal.

Any ideas what could be going on?  It's costing me a fortune!  X-(

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Hi ,

I noticed the same.. last week and this week... and all off a sudden the few things I sold was paid VERY slowly and with e -checks .. all of them !! I have never had anything like this happened before,  also the slow payment is dragging on and and on...I use to have ca 80% sellthrough rate, now it is 20% ... same headlines etc. I don't understand either

Message 2 of 98
Latest reply

pvwarehouse
Community Member

Don't let eBay tell you they don't know what is happening. We were once the largest seller of books on eBay, now other countries are able to send items to Australia at a fraction of the cost in our own country. They register on eBay in Australia and give free postage.

This could be a reason.

Check out your competition and see what is going on.

This is costing Australia Post upwards of $70m a year. We use to spend around $20k with Australia Post a year, now it is only a fraction of that.

Good luck,

Peter

Message 3 of 98
Latest reply

Hi, my sales have also dropped drastically last week and this week.  My sales were moving really well before then!

Message 4 of 98
Latest reply

yeah it is very  slow right now

Message 5 of 98
Latest reply

One thing I have noticed is I have buying splurges on a particular item at various times ie something that has been listed for months with no interest all of the sudden is high in demand with multiple questions, offers and sales.  Then it goes onto the next item, and so forth.  Its quite obvious that some of my items cannot be seen by buyers at times.  On the flipside, our website and B&M are about 80% of our business, ebay less than 20%.  Once upon a time, it was much different, but sadly, it has gone to ruins:-(. I really dont mind how the $$$'s come in, so long as it's one way or the other!

Message 6 of 98
Latest reply

alucardn9ne
Community Member

Why don't you put your items on sale if they are not selling.

I had a few item that didn't sell any for a month. Put them on a 30 day sale. I few sold in that time and even after the sale period was over they were still selling well even at the normal sale price.

Message 7 of 98
Latest reply

Hello sales are always slow unless i place everything on sale for 5% off then i cant keep up! So i have a sale every couple weeks catch up then have another sale..Works a treat!

Message 8 of 98
Latest reply

Yes.Sales are slow. But the worrying factor is the number of non-payers and slow payers who simply ignore a seller's payment criteria. Buyers should not be a protected species,neither should sellers. But some buyers are abusing the system.Anyone else experiencing this..?

Message 9 of 98
Latest reply

pvwarehouse - Australia Post are about to put up their prices AGAIN!!!! Guess they need to recoup some of the money they are losing.  Guess who is going to pay????

Message 10 of 98
Latest reply