Sales have stopped

Wow, is anyone experiencing a major downturn in sales? I tried "sell similar"instead of relisting items in the hope that it may create some interest but zilch. Even questions regarding combined postate or general item details are down to zero which is very, very unusual. Cheers, Dave

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Sales have stopped

@spyrokru wrote:

Hiya

Keep listing or even just tweaking will lift items up a bit. It seems to boost everything not just your current items. I am not selling loads maybe three or four per day but ticking over. 

I listed around a dozen, 3 day auctions on Sunday. Monday & Tuesday where VERY quiet as far as regular sales, but on Wednesday a few of the auctions sold with a couple receiving animated ( around a dozen ) bids from multiple buyers. . This account activity seemed to kickstart things again with very good sales since, including a number of high priced items selling today.

I,m convinced ebay are heavily weighting search results in favour of sellers with high levels of account activity and reducing visibility for slow accounts. The time frames for these dynamics seems to have been shortened recently to a matter of days instead of perhaps two week time frames as in the past. This appears to be resulting in even more dramatic visibility and sales issues for sellers who are not actively managing their accounts and listings on a daily basis. 

I,m convinced the best thing a seller can do to improve sales is to keep regularly listing quality items that have a good sell through rate.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I seem to remember having a sale back in....hmm let's see.....2012? 😉

Haha one last week, I was so excited 🎇🎆 🍻 I had to take myself off to the emergency ward 

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I actually had a terrific run up until the brick wall......it was almost like being punished for doing well 😞 I revised, used sell similar, added new listings, put prices up, put prices down...nada..... Then today I have my first sale in 10 days, woo woo....I think eBay has its own agenda and just enjoys watching everyone try and figure out what that is!!!!!Woman Frustrated

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

There is little value in heralding price increases, which do happen.

I am constantly revising my prices, with some items going up as they become rarer or more sought after.

With others, I work on the principle that if it can be replaced, I'm willing to sometimes slice the margin for a sale.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Appreciate all the comments, advice and feedback. I may try listing a few auctions on my other sales page and see  how that goes. The Store is just flatlining. Cheers

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply