Seller has used my template right down to description of item.....is this allowed?

I take a lot of time and pride in listing my items. It is a labour intensive process as you all know. So I was pretty peeved when I saw a Seller of a similar item I recently sold has cut & paste my entire listing ( heading & description not pics). The item I sold was "vintage" in incredible condition, this Sellers item is NOT in the same condition, its pretty beaten up actually lol yet by using my description she is clearly misleading her buyers. 

I realise I should probably be flattered but geeeees it kinda stinks that someone can blantantly steal your work like that.

Is this ok?   

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Seller has used my template right down to description of item.....is this allowed?

Reta is/was a member of groups that have/had experienced members who could have answered the question without eliding her ID. We might have thought it, but we didn't say it.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Re: Seller has used my template right down to description of item.....is this allowed?

Maybe we did not do reta any favours by not pointing out the bl**ding obvious where it would not cause any angst.

It is certainly not the first ID, nor will it be the last, where I am sure the owners are unaware of how others perceive their ID.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Hi............so I am guessing every time you see a physiotherapist  you see the same thing my goodness how to physiotherapists stay in business?

I appreciate all your concerns over my id.........but to be fair its not really the question I posed nor does it concern me.

Thank you Dave for stating the blinding obvious to me and I 100% agree. Perhaps its time I went back to the "group" that offered wonderful happy helpful advice without derision.

I am left wondering how I have managed to spend 8 years on ebay as a buyer & seller, build up a small but loyal client base and create a rewarding extra income for myself with this ID.

Perhaps the issue lies more in those that perceive the ID with the connotation they have expressed.

Lyndal I am simply following on from the last post and not expressly replying to yours. 

Thanks to all.......

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

@randomly_found wrote:

Very nice listings btw ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you so much for your lovely comment yijean82, I appreciate it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Maybe we did not do reta any favours by not pointing out the bl**ding obvious where it would not cause any angst.

It is certainly not the first ID, nor will it be the last, where I am sure the owners are unaware of how others perceive their ID.

I'm perfectly aware of how others perceive my ID,  lol

So much grief........but like retailwhatsername, I'll live with it

And yes, I do see physio the rapist on signs - must be a brain thingie

biggirlpanties.jpg

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

And thereby lies the tale, reta.

Post in groups where you are not judged.

Awkward seal moment....

Spoiler
ummmm... awkward

I wasn't going to say anything, but since there seems to be a little bit of anger here, I think you might want to look up the meaning of the word "judgement".

I don't see any judgement of the OP in this thread, a comment on how an ID reads does not equal judgement of the ID owner.

Also, I have been in groups where both you and reta were members, and I distinctly remember it being pointed out in there. Not by you, but it was mentioned - and laughed off. Why do I remember? Because I posted about how it reminded me of that major hashtag fail promoting a new release by singer Susan Boyle.

As most people know, hashtags phrases are all run together into a single word, so when you want to have a hashtag that says Susan album party, you can put 1 and 1 and 1 together to figure out how it could have been read. 

I have a great deal of respect for both of you, but I simply don't get the reactions here. 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

No reta, seeing a word such as Physiotherapist is a different kettle of fish to seeing an ebay ID which is a group of words which can be broken down to several combinations.

When I first started on ebay I used to amuse myself by seeing how many combinations I could make out of some of the very long IDs.

You would be surprised how many therapists there are on ebay.  While the word is completely inoffensive, as others have said, by breaking it down to two words it is a bit unsavoury.  To me it makes good sense to put some punctuation to keep it at the original meaning.  Seeing you already have a _ in your ID it makes sense to use it again.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I'm perfectly aware of how others perceive my ID,  lol

So much grief........but like retailwhatsername, I'll live with it

And yes, I do see physio the rapist on signs - must be a brain thingie

biggirlpanties.jpg

My comment was not aimed at you at all Stawks...but I certainly remember the comments that appeared when you/your ID first appeared on the boards.....especially in CS.

I admired you for sticking to your guns....I think I would have crumbled under the criticism.Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal.   They nearly broke me.     Smiley

But I'm still here and a lot of them gone   Smiley   so,   ner ner

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Sorry, but it was never my intention to cause offence. Whilst my post was nothing to do with your question, I wouldn't be the first to deviate from the topic.

Ever wondered why sentences in full capitals are very hard to read? Because the brain doesn't read every single letter to form a word, it looks for groups of letters together that it recognises as a word, hence why lower case words are easier to read in a paragraph, as that is the way we usually read.

That is how my brain read your ID first.

With a physiotherapist, the physio part is what stands out the most when you first glance at the word.
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply