Selling Replica Items

rustify
Community Member

Hi all I was wondering why eBay doesn't allow people to sell replica items such as Louis Vuitton, or Chanel if it is listed as replica in the description.  I have seen people listing replica Louis Vuitton as LV rather than "Louis Vuitton" and starting bids at $20 rather than $200 however when I tried to list one of mine my listing was removed for a violation of the rules!  I know who the member is who reported my listing so why isn't this member doing the same for every replica item on eBay?  

Please help me understand this ruling and advise me on how to deal with this member.  I had in no way attempted to mislead any buyers in believing my handbag was real!  

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Selling Replica Items

I know it isn’t him.  That line just caught my eye

Spoiler
I also know he still reads here.
Spoiler
message for joe - just fooling around, do not email me about this!
Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

@digital*ghost wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@iloveelena03-7 wrote:

problem is im not wrong

joe?

Lol, nah.

He could be stubborn sometimes, but I never questioned his ethics. 😉 

ETA: snap at Dave

Joe's an ethical person & a big miss from the boards, in my opinion.

Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

@springyzone wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@iloveelena03-7 wrote:

problem is im not wrong

joe?

Lol, nah.

He could be stubborn sometimes, but I never questioned his ethics. 😉 

ETA: snap at Dave

Joe's an ethical person & a big miss from the boards, in my opinion.

I agree and one of the things I appreciated most about Joe's comments was that he often brought up another perspective on things that I hadn't necessarily considered, granted I didn't always agree with him, but I did often see things differently due to his input, he also added some humour which was often a welcome relief - thanks Joe, I know you're out there & hope all is going well Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

I am pretty certain that Joe is doing OK lol

Message 64 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

@iloveelena03-7 wrote:

if everything i said was not true.... ebay would not have deleted all my threads.. 

Lithium who run the boards deleted the threads because it's false information.

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

Joe may have been a lot of things, but he is a top notch business man. I would defend him to the death when it comes to his business ethics. If I lived near him, I'd have absolutely no issues buying his products when needed.

Spoiler
Hi Joe!
Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

EBAY ARE NOTHING BUT MONEY GRABBERS THEY ARE ALLOWING AND TURNING A BLIND EYE TO ALL THE NEW GUCCI REPLICA BAGS WITH THE GUCCI TAG AND SERIAL NUMBERS AND ALSO A BLACK GUCCI TAG IN THE BAG THESE ARE ALL FROM IOFFER,COM THEY COST £15 PEOPLE ARE SELLING THESE NEW GUCCIS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT ..I REPORT THESE ITEMS EBEY NEVER REMOVE THEM THEY SIMPLY WANT THERE CUT OF  MONEY ..PEOPLE ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE ON THESE NEW GUCCI BAGS !! SHAME ON EBAY EBAY HAS ALOT TO ANSWER FOR !

@rustify wrote:

Hi all I was wondering why eBay doesn't allow people to sell replica items such as Louis Vuitton, or Chanel if it is listed as replica in the description.  I have seen people listing replica Louis Vuitton as LV rather than "Louis Vuitton" and starting bids at $20 rather than $200 however when I tried to list one of mine my listing was removed for a violation of the rules!  I know who the member is who reported my listing so why isn't this member doing the same for every replica item on eBay?  

Please help me understand this ruling and advise me on how to deal with this member.  I had in no way attempted to mislead any buyers in believing my handbag was real!  

Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

You are not allowed to sell fake anything on ebay......you would not know who reported your listing.....any member who saw it and recognised it as a fake could have reported it.

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply