Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Re: Selling account restricted permanently

Interesting browse though through the G G dyson vac cleaners as theres a item there thats $445 on eBay  and without going into the store itself its $375 over the phone...I nearly took advantage of the 15% WITHOUT THINKING ..( as thats what I do , as you know )

Message 241 of 330
Latest reply

you are not alone

I have 2 Top seller IDs and they have been "restricted" - ALL ACTIVE ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE. Downgraded from TRS to below standard and all items removed in 2 weeks.

I ran the business for 3 years and rent a warehouse. now with nothing to sell only bills to pay. I am in serious trouble. 

eBay support staff advised the only thing I can do is to  "Keep improving my service". - How is that even possible when the items are at the bottom of the search result. 

I have 0 negative feedback  the only mistake i made is "being nice" to my buyers and choose "out of stock" for all cancel transactions (mostly the buyer chose the wrong colour). didn't realize under the new policy it counts as defect. it had been fine for 3 years. 

Basically eBay  (a seller who pays $1500+ seller fees every month) threw me to the wall for not knowing their new policy.

A lesson for all sellers > never rely on ebay as the only income source. I will not be able to pay my mortgage next month.

Have to figure out a way to clear all my stock and go back to day jobs. 

Message 242 of 330
Latest reply

Yup ......

Welcome to ebay's 15th Birthday Celebrations ......

Message 243 of 330
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Cat Wink

lol I quite enjoy having my errors pointed out by Lyndal, I think she gets a kick out of it too Cat Tongue

I don't get any joy out of pointing out incorrect information that is posted on the boards but at least I give the correct information and don't hit the Report button as some responders do.

Message 244 of 330
Latest reply

Can you please start a new thread ,' another seller bites the dust.'..or something...this must be recognised as ANOTHER underhand tactic
Message 245 of 330
Latest reply

Oh dear, not another one. Is your restriction temporary or permanent? This is really getting ridiculous now.

Message 246 of 330
Latest reply

Heres a link ( not Aus) but down the bottom you might find the best way to complain..Dont give up..You must sort this and THEN look at other platforms but please dont let them beat you...

http://tylerbracken.hubpages.com/hub/complaints-about-ebay

Message 247 of 330
Latest reply

Hi all,

I am back after being banned from these forums for 24 hours. Well at least the mods have some sense in terms of a punishment that fits the crime. It's a shame that ebay don't.

I have seen the petition has risen to about 45. No where near the numbers needs for it to make a difference.

I have also noticed other sellers posting details about their experiences. Well done, keep the info coming... For anyone that has been permanently banned, please pm me.

Regards

John

Message 249 of 330
Latest reply

Nice to see you back. I didn't realise you'd been put on detention. It's not nice seeing that big, pink message, but at the same time, it's good to see them doing their job. That 24 hours seems to take forever when you want to try and catch up with everything!!

Message 250 of 330
Latest reply