Selling an item - there are a few bidders that win at all costs but have no intention of paying.

There should be some method of penalty for bidders that "Win" at any cost and then disappear.  I have had a number of these that really dont care.  I would not mind (so much) if they said immediately on winning that it was a mistake so 2nd chance etc could be utilised.  The item sits waiting for ages in spite of invoices etc.

Maybe if we had an automatic cancel in a NO PAY after three days unless bidder applies to extend.  At least there is contact after the auction.  This applies especially where an item although not perishable but needs to be specialty kept eg plants.

How can these types of bidders be penalised?  They are actively fighting to win the item and then nothing.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Selling an item - there are a few bidders that win at all costs but have no intention of paying.

You're opening & closing unpaid item cases?

You've set your blocks to exclude those with 2 or more  UPI in a 12 month period?

You're using your BBL?

You've considered BIN with IPR?

Plenty of tools provided by eBay to deal with deadbeats.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

There should be some method of penalty for bidders that "Win" at any cost and then disappear.

There are.

But I suspect you haven't read the eBay instructions before listing and selling.

Tuck has given you some pointers.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Nothing if the seller chooses to do nothing,correct

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I'm sorry, but I can't resist

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

You're opening & closing unpaid item cases?

You've set your blocks to exclude those with 2 or more  UPI UnPaid Items in a 12 month period?

You're using your BBL Blocked Bidder List?

You've considered BIN Buy It Now with IPR Immediate Payment Required?

Plenty of tools provided by eBay to deal with deadbeats.

Searching for these terms in the ebay help section should find some answers.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

No need to apologize!

I was casting burley for the OP to return.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

"Casting burley"...? Is this related to the Burley casting method, tuckcase?

Spoiler
Burley casting method
one that uses a rope centered over the shoulders, crossed between the front legs, crossed over the back and then passed between the hindlegs, avoiding the scrotum or udder and with traction backwards. Used in cattle.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Cheeky!!!....I'm still laughing.

Let me try again....berley...

No fun this getting old business.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

"Casting burley"...? Is this related to the Burley casting method, tuckcase?

Spoiler
Burley casting method
one that uses a rope centered over the shoulders, crossed between the front legs, crossed over the back and then passed between the hindlegs, avoiding the scrotum or udder and with traction backwards. Used in cattle.

Yes, that's the very one to apply to deadbeat buyers 😉

Avoiding the sensitive bits is strictly optional though.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Casting Berlei is unhelpful, I've noticed.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply